Feb 2017 PSC Agriculture Secretary Recent Jobs Kenya (152-302K)
Feb 2017 PSC Agriculture Secretary Current Jobs Kenya (152-302K)
Vacancies for Agriculture Secretary Kshs.152,060 – Ksh.302,980 p.m.
Responsibilities for the Agriculture Secretary Job
- An officer at this level will be the head of Agriculture Technical Departments and the chief advisor to the Principal Secretary on issues relating to the Agriculture Act and related statutes.
- Specific duties and responsibilities include: formulation, reviews and implementation of Agricultural Policies and programmes; developing linkages within the agricultural sector and related activities; identify impediments and constraints to the implementation of policies and programmes; and
- Securing and managing financial support for agricultural development plans;
- Designing and implementing prioritized and competitive agricultural programmes and projects.
Qualifications for the Agriculture Secretary Job
- Served for a minimum period of three (3) years in the grade of Director of Agriculture, Job Group ‘S’ or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service; a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or equivalent and relevant qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- A Master’s degree in Agriculture/Agricultural Economics or equivalent and relevant qualification from a university recognized in Kenya; attended a strategic leadership course in a recognized institution; demonstrated ability to articulate the vision of the agricultural sector and cultivate
- Working relationships and sustainable development with stakeholders; and
- demonstrated knowledge in global, regional and emerging policy issues in agriculture, trade and industry.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows: online through the Commission website www.publicservice.go.ke or job portal www.psckjobs.go.ke
by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.