Vacancy in the Ministry of east African Community, Labour and Social Protection (state of department for labour.)
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.89,748 – Ksh.120,270 p.m. – Job Group ‘Q’
Responsibilities for the Assistant Director Human Resource Planning & Development Job
- formulating, implementing and reviewing policies and programmes relating to
- Human Resource Planning and Development activities; initiating of National Human Resource Planning Development plans; designing, implementing and evaluating Human Resource Planning Development programmes to meet specific Human Resource demands;
- evaluating the labour market situation in the economy to determine any deficiencies and supply/demands gaps in skills;
- planning, coordinating and harmonizing training and other human resource development activities in identified sectors of the economy;
- administering, managing and efficiently operating the human resource planning anddevelopment activities; and
- overseeing the development of a National Occupational Classification System (NOCS).
Qualifications for the Assistant Director Human Resource Planning & Development Job
- at least fifteen (15) years cumulative service, three (3) of which should have been at the
- grade of Principal Human Resource Planning and Development/Employment/
- Productivity Officer, Job Group ‘N’ and above or in a comparable and equivalent position in the public service;
- a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Human Resource Management/Planning/Development, Education, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, Applied Statistics, Demography, Sociology, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Law or equivalent qualifications from
- a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Education, Demography, Sociology, Business Administration, Human Resource Management/ Planning/Development, Applied Statistics, Information Technology Systems, Labour Economics, Curriculum Development, Economics, Development, Entrepreneurship studies or Philosophy (M. Phil) in Economics or equivalent qualifications from a
university recognized in Kenya;
- attended a strategic leadership course in a recognized institution; and
- demonstrated a clear understanding of National Development Goals, Vision 2030 and
- the role of Human Resource Planning and Development in achievement of the same.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows: online through the Commission website www.publicservice.go.ke or job portal www.psckjobs.go.ke
by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.