Vacancy in the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources. Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.89,748 – Ksh.120,270 p.m. – Job Group ‘Q’
Responsibilities for the Assistant Director Programmes & Strategic Initiatives Job
- An officer at this level will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Guiding in the operations of projects and programmes funded by the Ministry;
- Planning, coordinating and monitoring the implemented projects within the Ministry and its Parastatals to ensure impact and accountability;
- Pursuing strategic engagements and investment through emerging international funding opportunities; coordinating strategic partnerships and collaborative ventures in environment and natural resource management sector; and mobilizing donor support to the Ministry.
Qualifications for the Assistant Director Programmes & Strategic Initiatives Job
- Served for a minimum period of three (3) years in the grade of Assistant Director Programmes, Projects and Strategic Initiatives, Job Group ‘P’ or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service;
- A Bachelor’s degree in any of the disciplines: Fisheries, Forestry, Geo-spatial Information and Remote Sensing, Agriculture, Aquatic Science, Bio-Resource Conservation and Management, Botany, Chemistry, Climate Change and Development, Coastal and Marine Resource Management, Conservation Biology, Disaster Mitigation and Sustainable Development, Dry land Agriculture and Enterprise Development, Earth Science with Information Technology, Ecology, Geo-Information Sciences, Horticulture,
- Land Resource Planning and Management, Management of Agro-Ecosystem and Environment, Marine Resource Management , Meteorology, Natural Resource Management, Waste Management, Water Resource Management and Environment, Wildlife Management, Zoology, Environmental Science/ Conservation and Natural Resource Management/ Conservation/ Education/Health/ Horticulture and Landscaping/ Law/ Management and Conservation/ Resource Conservation/Studies and Community Development, Environmental Studies and Community Resource Conservation / Bio System Engineering/ Chemistry or equivalent and relevant qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- A Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Forest Survey for Sustainable Development, Forestry, Natural Resources Management, , Geo-spatial Information and Remote Sensing, Geo-information Sciences, Marine Science, Fish Science, Biological Science (Botany/Zoology/Aquatic Ecology/Biology of Conservation),
Management of Agro-ecosystems and Environment, Afro-Forestry, Climate Change Adaptation, Agriculture Resource Management, Agriculture Economics, Land and Water Management, Biodiversity Conservation, Limnology and Hydrology, Wildlife Conservation, Range management, Meteorology, Climate Change, Sustainable Development, Environmental Economics/Diplomacy/ Law/ Science/Governance/Policy/ Planning and Management/Studies/Agro-forestry and Rural Development/ Education/ Health/Management and Legislation/ Chemistry or equivalent and relevant qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
attended a strategic leadership course in a recognized institution; and
- Demonstrated outstanding professional competence in project management design, proposal writing and implementation.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows: online through the Commission website www.publicservice.go.ke or job portal www.psckjobs.go.ke
by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.