Vacancies in the ministry of industry, trade and cooperatives (state department for trade)
Responsibilities for the Secretary Job
- Formulating, implementing and reviewing trade policies and programs;
- Developing linkages with bilateral, regional and international trading partners;
- Overseeing trade research and market intelligence for trade development and ensuring business information to the business community and stakeholders is disseminated;
- Coordinating Public Private Sector Partnership for trade development;
- Providing consultancy and technical guidance on trade issues to the business community;
- Facilitating the growth development and graduation of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs);
- Overseeing the establishment and management of business information and solution centres; and
- Sourcing for funds through government budgetary process and any other development partner/donor support for the financial operations of the Department of Trade.
Secretary Job Qualifications
- Served for a minimum period of eighteen (18) years, three (3) of which should have been in the grade of Deputy Director (Internal/External) Trade, Job Group ‘R’ and above or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service;
- A Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce, Marketing, Accounting, Business Administration, Business Management, Entrepreneurship, Economics, International Trade/Business/Relations or equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- A Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce, Marketing, Business Administration, Business Management, Entrepreneurship, Trade Law, Economics, International Trade/Business/Relations or equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya
- Attended a Strategic Leadership course in a recognized institution;
- Demonstrated a thorough understanding of national goals, policies, development objectives and the ability to translate them into trade development programmes or projects.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
By completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates.
Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 16th January, 2017