Director of Agriculture vacancies. Basic Salary Scale: Kshs.120,270 – Ksh.180,660 p.m. (Job Group ‘S’)
Responsibilities for the Director of Agriculture Job
- An officer at this level will be answerable to the Agriculture Secretary for the following duties and responsibilities.
- Interpreting and application of the Agricultural Act and other related statutes formulating, monitoring, evaluating of projects and programmes in collaboration with other stakeholders in the agricultural sector;
implementing policies and legislation related to export and import of agricultural
- Commodities in liaison with other related institutions and agencies;
- Monitoring and controlling use of agro-chemicals and crop protection programmes;
- Coordinating national food security and early warning systems in liaison with other relevant departments;
- Researching on new and emerging crop varieties and soil fertility;
- Documenting and disseminating relevant agricultural information; and
- Promoting appropriate development and transfer of technologies for agro based industries.
Qualifications for the Director of Agriculture Job
- Served for a minimum period of three (3) years in the grade of Deputy Director of Agriculture/Senior Principal of Agriculture Training Institute, Job Group ‘R’ ;
- A Bachelor of Science degree (BSc.) in any of the following fields: Agriculture, Horticulture, Agricultural Economics, Natural Resource Management, Home Economics, Agribusiness Agriculture Extension, Agriculture Extension, Agricultural Education or any other relevant and equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- A Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Agriculture, Horticulture, agricultural Economics, Natural Resource Management, Home Economics, agribusiness Agriculture Extension, Agriculture Extension, agricultural Education or any other relevant and equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Attended a strategic leadership course in a recognized institution; and
- Demonstrated a high degree of administrative capability, technical and professional
- competence as reflected in work performance and results
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows: online through the Commission website www.publicservice.go.ke or job portal www.psckjobs.go.ke
by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.