Feb 2017 PSC Engineering Secretary Jobs Employment in Kenya (152-302K)
Feb 2017 PSC Engineering Secretary Latest Jobs in Kenya (152-302K)
Vacancies in the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries State Department of Agriculture. Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.152, 060 – Ksh.302,980 p.m. – Job Group ‘T’
Responsibilities for the Engineering Secretary Job
- An officer at this level will be the head of the Engineering Technical Department and the chief advisor to the Principal Secretary on issues relating to the agricultural engineering function. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Formulating, implementing and reviewing of policies, strategies and regulations, standards and guidelines on agricultural engineering and natural resource management;
- Monitoring and evaluating standards and guidelines on agricultural engineering products and services; coordinating management of the National Agricultural Technology Development Centres;
- Developing linkages within the agricultural sector and related activities; mobilizing resources for agricultural engineering development plans programmes; and coordinating registration of Agricultural Engineers in liaison with Engineers’ Board of Kenya (EBK) and Institution of Engineers of Kenya (IEK).
Qualifications for the Engineering Secretary Job
- Served for a minimum period of fifteen (15) years, three (3) of which must have been at the grade of Senior Principal Superintending Engineer (Agriculture), Job Group ‘R’ and above or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service;
- A Bachelor’s degree in any of the following Agricultural Engineering fields: Soil and Water, Mechanization/Farm Power, Structures or equivalent and relevant qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- A Master’s degree any of the following Agricultural Engineering fields: Soil and Water, Mechanization/Farm Power, Structures or any other relevant qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Attended a strategic leadership course from a recognized institution;
- Been registered by the Engineers Registration Board of Kenya; and demonstrated a thorough understanding of national goals, policies, programmes and the ability to relate them to agricultural the engineering function.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows: online through the Commission website www.publicservice.go.ke or job portal www.psckjobs.go.ke
by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.