April 2018 Communication and Public Relations Officer Career Vacancy in Kenya
Our client is in the Real Estate business and seeks to recruit a Communication and Public Relations Officer.
Function: Communication and Public Relations
Position Reports To:Executive Chairman
A. Position Summary:Communication internally and externally. Building and sustaining a good image for the company through planned publicity campaigns and PR activity.
B. Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a communication strategy that will support and promote company goals, including message development, social media content creation and media outreach
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists, investors and customer audiences that will help advance company’s key projects
- Identify target audience and create strategies to effectively engage them
- Develop Public Relations campaigns and media relations
- Seek opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising
- Address inquiries from the media and other parties
- Track media coverage and follow industry trends
- Liaise and work with all departments both internal and external
- Prepare and disseminate company newsletter, press releases and PR reports 30%
- Edit and update promotional material and publications (brochures, videos, social media posts etc.)
- Take up any other duties that may be allocated by management
C. Decision Making: Makes simple choices within the parameters of very well defined procedures.
D. Supervision Exercised: No supervisory responsibility
E. Qualifications / Competences
- Minimum of Degree in Communication, Public Relations or Journalism
- 3 years’ work experience
- Background in research, writing and editing publications, video and photo editing, media relations (online, broadcast and print).
- Creativity and problem-solving aptitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Digital Marketing
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent work ethics
- A team player
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Good customer relations
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements and have a passion for Real Estate and a ‘Can Do’ attitude, send your CV ONLY in MS Word Format to email@example.com