Feb 2018 Del Monte Agriculture Diversification Superintendent Current Job in Thika Kenya
Feb 2018 Del Monte Agriculture Diversification Superintendent Job Vacancy in Thika Kenya
Del Monte Kenya Ltd
Exciting Career for a Career Person: Agriculture Diversification Superintendent
The Company: Del Monte Kenya Limited located in Thika – Kenya is a leading producer, marketer and distributor of premium quality foods, fresh and processed pineapple fruit and fruit juice beverages.
As part of our commitment to meeting our performance objectives, we are looking for a top class individual to fill a vacant position in our Agriculture Department.
The Position:- Agriculture Diversification Superintendent
Job Purpose: – This is a Senior Management position reporting to the Agriculture Operations Director. The purpose of the job is to coordinate and technically assist on the implementation of crop diversification projects internally and externally for DMKL.
Main Accountabilities of the Agriculture Diversification Superintendent will include: –
1. Facilitating and coordinating implementation of crop diversification projects, both internally and externally for DMKL.
2. Implementing technical practices and recommending projects, including those for international production standards.
3. Liaising with Sales, R&D, HR, Finance, Engineering, and Agriculture Zones and out growers for integration, resources organization and procurement.
4. Managing diversification projects initiated by the Company from time to time.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
1. University Degree in Agriculture / Horticulture.
2. Strong knowledge in Agronomic, Cultivation, Procurement and Commercialization practices for at least 5 years in crops like mangoes, avocados, passion fruits and other fruits.
3. Post graduate in Agronomy, Nutrition or Crop Protection.
4. Strong analytical skills to integrate theoretical and practical issues in different scenarios.
5. Computer literacy.
1. Good interpersonal skills, reliable, honest, and ability to handle large workforce.
2. Occupational health and safety, safe and effective use of agrochemicals.
3. Have knowledge on Quality Management systems: BRC, SGC, ETI.
4. Willing to relocate to any Del Monte operation.
5. Clean driving license.
Interested candidates should send Application letter and CV ONLY to the addresses shown below indicating Telephone/Mobile contacts. These must be received not later than 9th March 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Del Monte Kenya Limited is an equal opportunity employer.
Send your application to:
The Human Resources Manager
Del Monte Kenya Limited
P.O Box 147, Thika -01000