March 2018 Gold Refinery Company Metallurgist Job Vacancy in Kenya
A renowned Gold Refinery Company is seeking to recruit a metallurgist to join their team of professionals.
- Manage all aspects of the laboratory to ensure that all required analyses and investigations are performed precisely and in a timely manner.
- Develop and manage metallurgical operations and work practices that maximize operational efficiencies.
- Develop and execute inspection plans and conduct metallurgical and cleanliness tests on parts to verify conformance to specifications.
- Monitor and analyse key metallurgical performance indicators of process operations and recommend corrective actions to management.
- Manage the overall design of process flowsheets, plant layouts, material handling systems, manpower requirements, equipment procurement, and material utilization.
- Maintain a safe and efficient working environment.
- Progressively gain and apply knowledge of plant instrumentation, calibration, adjustment and troubleshooting.
- Support in carrying out internal audits.
- Write and submit weekly, monthly and quarterly metallurgical reports.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in metallurgy, material science, or chemical engineering.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in mineral processing/extractive metallurgy.
- Demonstrated commitment to safe working practices.
- Ability to effectively delegate while maintaining forward motion on key deliverables.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to conduct interdependent research.
- Ability to develop and draft procedures, plans, and internal control systems.
- Strong general and specialized computer skills, including relevant softwares.
If you meet the qualifications for this position and are committed to a challenging career with a dynamic company, please submit a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com referencing the job title in the subject line.
Deadline of application is 30th March 2018