April 2018 KCAA Aeronautical Information Services Manager Job Vacancy in Kenya
The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority (KCAA) is responsible for providing regulatory oversight, air navigation services and aviation training in Kenya.
The Authority is seeking to recruit a qualified Kenyan citizen to fill the following vacant position in its establishment:
Job Title: Manager – Aeronautical Information Services
KCAA Scale 5
Department: Aeronautical Information Services / MAP
Reports To: Director Air Navigation Services (DANS)
Job Purpose: To develop and establish an AIS/MAP System for the effective implementation of the relevant ICAO Standards and National Regulations.
Scope of work / duties / responsibilities
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures.
- Preparing and implementing annual work plans and budgets.
- Investigating operational complaints and irregularities within the department and collaborating in the investigation of incidents and breaches of aviation regulations and procedures.
- Developing job description and ensuring optimal utilization of staff in the department.
- Conducting regular performance reviews of staff to determine training and development needs and ensuring the highest standards of performance in the department.
- Recommending changes in personnel, equipment, communication, space and operating positions, including the evaluation, development and research of new systems and equipment.
- Preparing and implementing the department’s operational plans and budgets to achieve targets in line with the KCAA strategy.
- Liaising with the planning and development team to identify improvements to the AIS/MAP system.
- Liaising closely with Internal Audit to ensure good governance practices in the department.
- Maintaining close coordination with AIS/MAP service users and other departments as may be necessary.
- Initiating actions to implement the regulations, standards and recommendations specified in national, regional and ICAO AIS/MAP plans, including quality management systems and safety management systems to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Performing any other duty as may be assigned by Director Air Navigation Services.
- A Masters degree in an aviation related field from a recognized University.
- A Bachelor degree in Geographical Information Systems, Geography, survey and Aviation related field.
- Certificates in Aeronautical Information Services from an ICAO recognised training institution.
- Certificate in Aeronautical Cartography from an ICAO recognised training institution.
- Training in Management and Leadership.
- 5 years’ experience in a senior position related to Aeronautical Information Services.
- Proven experience for financial and people management.
Knowledge and skills
- Extensive knowledge of the Kenya Civil Aviation Regulations and ICAO standards
- Working Knowledge of International Air Law
- Practical knowledge of Aeronautical Information/ MAP procedures,
- Knowledge of trends in the Aviation Industry.
- Ability to manage crises by directing recourses appropriately.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite /Computer literate.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should submit their applications attaching copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and a detailed updated Curriculum Vitae giving among others, details of day time contacts and full contacts of three professional referees to the address below.
The applications should be received not later than 10th April 2018.
The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is an equal opportunity employer and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Director General
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority
Aviation House – JKIA
P. O. Box 30163 – 00100
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.