Mar 2018 One Acre Fund Crop Health Agent Job Vacancy in Kisii Kenya
One Acre Fund
We are an international nonprofit that works in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Tanzania, Uganda, and Malawi.
In these countries, our 4,000+ strong staff serves over 400,000 smallholder farmers and enables them to grow their way out of hunger and poverty.
Job Vacancy: Crop Health Agent
Job Location: Kisii, Kenya
Reporting To: Lead Agent
Job Description: We are an international NGO with a strong footprint in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, and Tanzania: In these countries our 3,000+ strong staff serves over 600,000 smallholding farmers and helps them to grow their way out of hunger and poverty.
We are seeking experienced and talented individual to take up the position of a Crop Health Agent in the Field Operations department at our Nyanza Office.
Below are the details for the position and directions on how to submit application:
- Interviews / surveys members to acquire necessary crop health-related data through the crops hotline and in person while in the field.
- Data entry.
- Daily verification of data and make correction where necessary.
- Performs field visits to assess members’ fields and collect samples, photos, and/or crop-based KPIs.
- Assist other teams during the off season as assigned by the manager.
- Possess, a diploma or a degree will be an added advantage.
- 1 year experience working with small scale farmers.
- Demonstrated computer skills in email, internet usage and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Be a clear communicator and active listener.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Proactive in problem solving.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver results.
- Fluency in Luo is an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
If you feel motivated to work for One Acre Fund as a Crop Health Agent and you fulfill our requirements for this role, we look forward to receiving your application by 6th April, 2018.
Please CLICK HERE to apply online.
You will be prompted to a form that must be completed.
At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV together with that attach:
You must have 18 years and above to qualify for any position at One Acre Fund.
One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.