Advocate / Legal Counsel Job in Nairobi, Kenya (60K) 2019
Job Employment Kenya: Advocate / Legal Counsel Job in Nairobi, Kenya (60K) 2019
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Our client, a reputable law firm seeks to recruit for the position of an Advocate / Legal Counsel to be he head of practice.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Salary: KShs 60,000
- Conducting legal research in matters assigned to you before execution;
- Drafting and registration of commercial and conveyancing documents;
- Drafting and registration of financial and security documents;
- Review of commercial, conveyancing and security documents;
- To prepare for and attend to court for mentions, trials and other court proceedings;
- Drafting of and facilitate timely filing by clerks’ pleadings.
- Prepare fee notes and quotations for clients before commencing any work and to follow up payments from clients as they fall due;
- Meet clients for interviews, pre-trials and taking of instructions;
- Follow up and coordinate with work with other Advocates, Legal assistants, pupils, clerks and track progress to completion.
- Ensure that every progress, milestones and status of all pending files are updated on WakiliCMS for ease of follow up and directions by the CEO.
- Ensure that Clients are updated on their matters regularly and monthly status reports are ready and send to clients on time;
- Delegate responsibilities to Pupils, Legal Assistants and Clerk as and when necessary on behalf of the CEO I furtherance of your work.
- Review documents prepared by Junior Advocates, Pupils and Legal Assistants.
- Instructing clerks to attend to land and company registries to lodge documents and follow them up until completion.
- Consult and update the CEO of all matters being handled at the time on a weekly basis with recommendations.
- Ensure Fee earning Targets.
- Be a person of positive influence in the office and lead by example in adhering to Firm policies and Culture.
- Other tasks and assignments ordinarily engaged in by an Advocate by custom and usage.
- LLB. Laws,
- Post Graduate Diploma- Kenya School of Law
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cvs to email@example.com by 18th May 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.