Afexgroup QHSE Officer Job in Kenya today 2013
Afexgroup is involved in camp management, hospitality industry as well as construction logistics and supplies and is seeking a competent officer with understanding and hands on experience in implementing ISO 9001 / ISO22000 / HACCP / OHSAS 18001.
The QHSE officer shall determine, provide and enforce QHSE and reliability requirements in accordance with ISO 9001.
The position entails assisting in establishing effective controls, procedures, and integrated programs for achieving and maintaining the highest level of consistent QHSE practices in AfexGroup.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: Health Safety Environment
- Implement internal plans on continuous improvement on QHSE projects.
- Effective execution of the QHSE and ensure continuous use.
- Update polices and procedures in line with Health, Saftey and Environment
- Ensure availability of standards and specifications. Performing internal audits to ensure compliance to the quality system.
- Arrange external audits with certifying body.
- Communication and Database:
- Ensure minutes and agenda of the Quality Management Review Meetings are prepared and include the required inputs and outputs.
- Continuous feedback to management and team leaders in all relevant aspects ISO 9001 Quality System/ ISO 22000/ HACCP/OHSAS 18001:
- Compiling and Implementation of the ISO 9001 system to ensure that the organization achieves certification within set targets.
- Ensure the organisation’s Quality Management System and all documentation defining the system is established, implemented and maintained in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001 Overall
- Ensure all required quality tests have been performed and conform to the specifications.
- Ensuring compliance to specifications when releasing material for use.
- Ensure non-conformances are reported and that corrective and preventive action is taken for non-conformances and customer complaints.
- Continuous training of quality and production personnel on quality issues.
- Ensure budget control for the department and continually strive to minimise costs.
- Health and Safety and/or Environment and/or Quality degree or diploma equivalent with at least 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience
- High degree of professional integrity and strong ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team based environment
- Strong problem solving skills Applicants for the following positions are also encouraged
- Camp/Hotel Managers- experienced and well versed with camp management.
- CHEFS/COOKS-well versed in all departments and camp experience
The Human Resources Manager
Closing date: 6th April 2012
NB: Remember to subscribe to get email updates of a new job vacancies.Subscribe down here