African Economic Research Consortium (AERC) Job in Kenya today 2013
Reporting to the Training Director, the position holder will be responsible for the planning and management of the Programmes, coordinating the preparation of courses and reproduction of teaching materials, engagement of lecturers and examination of students.
Key deliverables will be:
- Ensuring the smooth running of the Collaborative Masters and Collaborative PhD Programmes by ensuring that students are admitted according to the agreed criteria;
- Preparation of the annual programme for work and budgets for the program
- Monitoring the progress of teaching at host universities and the Joint Facility Electives;
- Participating in the preparation of programme funding proposals to donors;
- Managing the scholarship and grants to the universities,;
- Preparing periodic projections of expenditures as may be required by funders of the Programmes;
- Preparing all donor reports on programme implementation and following up on various issues with departments, students and partner institutions;
- Working closely with the Academic Board as Secretary to its sub committees, panels and working groups
- Conducting periodic field visits to the collaborating universities for the purposes of programme planning and management.
At least 8 years of experience, three of which must be at Senior lecturer level, prior experience in programme management will be an advantage.
In addition applicants should have:
- PhD degree in Economics from a reputable and recognised University;
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work collaboratively with staff and Professors of Economics in SSA;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Well organized and able to multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Computer literacy including standard office applications and experience in working with databases and management systems software;
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines; and
- Be of highest ethical, personal and professional standing with clarity of vision and academic credibility
Application must include a covering letter, copies of relevant certificates and detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, a day time phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees to:
Closing date: 17 February 2012
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted