Aga Khan Academy Junior School Head Teacher Job in Nairobi, Kenya 2019
Job Employment Kenya: Aga Khan Academy Junior School Head Teacher Job in Nairobi, Kenya 2019
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
The Aga Khan Education Service, Kenya (AKESK) operates 11 schools in various cities in Kenya and provides nursery to senior secondary education in both the national and international curricula. It is part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of private development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people of all faiths and orgins in specific regions of the developing world.
The Aga Khan Academies are the only schools in Kenya offering the International Baccalaureate curriculum (IB) who are authorized to offer the Primary Years Program (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP) and the Diploma Programme (DP). With 1000 students, the AKAN is a multicultural school with a variety of nationalities represented in our student and teaching faculty.
The Aga Khan Academy, Nairobi – Junior School welcomes applications from dedicated, enthusiastic and professional educators for the following position:
Position Summary: The Head Teacher will be responsible for the pedagogical and administrative management of Aga Khan Academy, Nairobi – Junior School, provision of high quality education and support the school’s positioning as an IB World School of Excellence in Nairobi and as an integral part of the Academy.
S/he will drive the academic and extra-curricular programmes of the school, provide leadership for the students and staff, monitor performance against targets and quality Indicators, and oversee day-to-day operations of the school.
S/he will drive the academic and extra-curricular programmes of the school, provide leadership for the students and staff, monitor performance against targets and quality Indicators, and oversee day-to-day operations of the school,
- In consultation with the AKES,K Leadership team, develop annual objectives, school development plan and quality indicators that ensure delivery of a relevant, high quality education
- Monitor school, staff and student performance, conduct a school self-evaluation and provide senior leaders with regular reports on progress achieved against strategic and operational goals
- Strengthen the implementation and continued performance and success of the IBO-PYP curriculum and monitor the PYP action plan, enabling AKJAN to become a model school in the implementation of this curriculum
- Ensure that appropriate systems are in place to meet and maintain authorization requirements for the lBO, Where required, ensure plans for CIS accreditation are developed, tracked and target dates met
- Ensure systems are in place for tracking individual students and their progress through the school year and through the school, identify areas where students need additional support to ensure “no child is left behind”.
- Build a high-performance team, committed to achieving the vision of the school
. Manage the budget, resources and assets of the school, and ensure that all school funds are appropriately allocated and administered as specified in the school’s financial plan.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education/A post-graduate degree in Education from an accredited university, with qualifications in IB Primary Years Programme Teaching and Teacher Service Commission registration.
- At least five years’ experience in international curriculum schools, including experience in the International Baccalaureate system and at least two years as head of a primary school
- Good understanding of, and experience in curriculum management, design, implementation and evaluation.
- Understanding of 21st century education practices, strategies for raising students achievement and effective frameworks for school improvement planning and self-evaluation
- Experience in the developing world and in Africa will be highly desirable
Interested applicants should send their application letter, CV, copies of their certificates and testimonials demonstrating how their experience fits the position to firstname.lastname@example.org so as to be received by Friday 31st May 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.