APHIAPLUS KAMILI Jobs vacancies in Kenya today 2013
APHIAPLUS KAMILI contributes to the overall USAID framework goal of ‘Sustained improvement of health and well-being for all Kenyans’.
The project implemented in Eastern and Central provinces of Kenya; focuses on key result areas of USAID implementation framework which are; increased use of quality health services, products and information and social determinants of health addressed to improve well-being of targeted communities and populations.
We are currently recruiting experienced individuals with excellent technical skills, who are team players, dedicated, hardworking, innovative, highly motivated and able to work on a high pressure environment requiring multi-tasking abilities.
Reporting to the Director of Finance & Administration and working closely with relevant program staff, the Grants Manager will be responsible for sub-grants financial and compliance administration.
- Participate in the selection of grantees for award including design of selection criteria for sub-grantees and conducting pre-award assessments
- Determine the risk profiles of prospective grantees and recommend action to mitigate the risks identified
- Provide fiscal oversight of sub-grant awards, ensuring accountability and compliance
- Lead in the development of grant management systems, policies and procedures
- Provide technical advice to grants officers, grantees and program staff related to grants management
- Mentor and train grants officers and provide technical assistance for LIP capacity building
- Resolve any contractual issues arising from grants and make recommendations to the Project Director
- Coordinate the monthly grant reporting and processes necessary for reimbursements of grantees
- Monitor the quality of reports and policies existing in the partner organization, identify any gaps and ways of addressing them
- Conduct site visits and audit to monitor compliance with sub-award conditions
- Participate in the close out of the partner organizations and ensure that all the partners submit their final financial reports as per donor rules and regulations.
- A degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent
- A Certified Public Accountant with at least 5 years’ experience in a non-profit environment
- Must have experience in managing grants and sub-grants
- Knowledge of U.S government grant making rules and regulations
- Well-developed organizational and interpersonal skills, detail oriented; high degree of accuracy and strong analytical skills are essential for this role
- Excellent computer proficiency particularly working with spread sheets and databases.
Program Officers MNCH – (2 Positions Nyeri & Embu)
County Integration Coordinator (CINCO)–(1 Position Meru)
The Program Officers to work within a defined geographic area to support health facility staff and communities to improve access to quality Maternal Neonatal and child (MNCH) health services, nutrition, Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT), Reproductive Health (RH), Family Planning (FP), HIV/AIDS and Malaria services in collaboration with the Ministries of Health.
- Coordinate implementation of nutrition, MNCH/PMTCT/RH/FP/HIV/AIDS/Malaria services within designated regions of Central and Eastern Provinces
- Ensure nutrition, MNCH/PMTCT/RH/FP/HIV/AIDS/Malaria services are integrated with other health and non-health activities
- Provide mentorship and supportive supervision of health care workers in respective discipline, with a focus on quality assurance / quality improvement
- Strengthen linkages between facilities service delivery and community
- Implement an annual rapid assessment of the county and feed information back to relevant stakeholders
- Coordinate sensitization workshops and advocacy sessions for community leaders and other stakeholders in collaboration with APHIAplus partners
- Participate in preparation of budgets, work plans, reports and other technical papers
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and/or annual reports
- Assist in program monitoring and evaluation
- Liaise with the Ministries of Health officials
- Degree in Social Science, Nutrition, Community Development, Public Health or related field
- Clinical Officer or Registered Nurse
- Possess strong clinical and training skills in nutrition, MNCH/PMTCT/RH/FP/HIV/AIDS
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible work experience in the respective discipline
- Experience working with MOH personnel and good knowledge of health systems and programs. Knowledge of systems and experience with donor related projects will be an added advantage
- Familiarity with the National Health Strategic Plan/National Community Strategy
- A demonstrated track record of providing mentorship and supervision for strengthening healthcare services; training in quality improvement approaches
- Critical thinking and troubleshooting skills to facilitate program implementation
- Excellent analytical, communication and report writing skills
- Computer literacy, particularly in the use of MS office.
Interested applicants should send a CV with three referees and detailed cover letter to the following email address by 29th February 2012: HR-Kenya@jhpiego.net
Please indicate how your education and experience qualifies you for the position.
A competitive remuneration will be offered according to qualifications and experience.
Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer