April 2018 KCAA Human Capital Officer I (Planning and Recruitment) Job Vacancy in Kenya
The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority (KCAA) is responsible for providing regulatory oversight, air navigation services and aviation training in Kenya.
The Authority is seeking to recruit a qualified Kenyan citizen to fill the following vacant position in its establishment:
Job Title: Human Capital Officer I (Planning and Recruitment)
KCAA Scale 8
Department / Section: Human Resources & Administration
Reports To: Senior Human Capital Officer (Planning & Recruitment)
Job Purpose: To facilitate the review , updating of the organization structures, manpower plans, monitoring , evaluating the recruitment and succession management processes
Scope of work / duties / responsibilities
- Facilitating the planning, coordination of staff recruitment; selection, placement; succession; retention; and separation plans by:
o Documenting, maintaining and updating of job descriptions and
o Evaluating CV’s and maintains a database of potential candidates
o Maintaining an integrated employee database system
o Collecting, documenting and analysing staff performance appraisals
o Maintaining and updating employee records;
- Processing information for Human Capital Management Advisory Committee, disciplinary committee and staff interview panels,
- preparing job indents for advertising;
- Preparing periodic reports for the section;
- Facilitating interview sessions for interview panels.
- Performing any other duties assigned by the Senior Planning and Recruitment Officer.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences such as Business Administration; Organizational Development and Management, or Labour Management from a recognized university with a Diploma in Human Resource Management.
- 3 years working experience in Human Resource in a comparable and reputable organization.
Knowledge and skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Generalist HR background is an advantage
- Working knowledge of HRMIS.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should submit their applications attaching copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and a detailed updated Curriculum Vitae giving among others, details of day time contacts and full contacts of three professional referees to the address below.
The applications should be received not later than 10th April 2018.
The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is an equal opportunity employer and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Director General
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority
Aviation House – JKIA
P. O. Box 30163 – 00100
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.