April 2018 Procurement and Logistics Officer Job Vacancy in Kenya
Job Title: Procurement and Logistics Officer
Summary: The procurement and logistics officer is responsible for procurement planning, costing, negotiations, stocks control and management, specifications and related supply chain and logistics management functions.
He/ She will ensure cost effectiveness across all functions in procurement.
He/ She MUST have worked in the energy sector to have a clear understanding of the equipment and best / standard procurement process.
The position reports to the project manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily communication with project manager on materials and equipment available.
- Communication with concerned parties for any equipment readiness for next load out and should advise project manager at supply base of delivery to be made.
- Provide sound advice on equipment specifications and takes a lead negotiating high level contracts in discussions with PM.
- Attending daily drilling operation meeting and update logistic status to attendance ( contractors )
- Develop a robust procurement plan at BVC Geothermal kenya Limited.
- Provide a variety of RIG management services related to procurement, stock controls of all types of drilling and servicing equipment inventory.
- Manage all aspects of procurement from raising, Request for Quote, Bid Analysis, a PR (Purchase Requisition), Purchase Order to purchase closure.
- Ensure all equipment is properly services maintained and keep a contact list of all suppliers of the same.
- Ensure all equipment codes match during purchases and are correctly labelled.
- Work closely with the project manager in handling replenishment cycle for all materials and equipment
- Plan work according to a commitment plan with preset / established milestones.
- Prepares presentations and takes a lead in tender applications, negotiations and follow up.
- Responsible for availability of equipment and materials of the right quality and quantity and at the right time.
- Provide safety and awareness to other project employees (Geologists and contractors) aimed at 0% accident / incidents rate.
- Responsible for warehouse management at the project storage of materials and equipment.
- Participate in prequalification of suppliers following a duly process.
- Accountable for reviewing and approving equipment and material supplier request ensuring all obligations are met before payment.
- Ensure all purchase orders are closed out in a timely manner.
- Anticipation of potential future material shortages and expediting of missing parts
- Develop mechanisms and tools to monitor expenditure and advice on best measures.
- Inventory Reconciliation and cost tracking and analysis, and project inventory report.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Degree in Engineering or Supply Chain Management and Procurement
- 3 years’ experience in Procurement within the Energy and utilities sector
- Have very strong connections and contacts in the Geothermal sector
- Ability to exploit opportunities to gain best value in procurement and supplier management
- Possess in-depth knowledge and experience of diverse range of markets and commodities in the Geothermal sector
- Proficient in design, implementation and management of inventory control systems
- General knowledge of the Kenyan Geothermal market must be very good.
- A proactive self-starter and achiever
- Sound Negotiation skills
- Pro-active customer relationship management skills
- Team leadership skill
- Knowledge of Supply chain management skill
- Proven experience in managing vendor relationships, global logistics management.
If you meet the qualifications for this position and are committed to a challenging career with a dynamic company, please submit a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the job title in the subject line.
Deadline of application is 13th April 2018