April 2018 Real Estate General Manager Operations and Administration Job Vacancy in Kenya
Our client is in the Real Estate business and seeks to recruit a General Manager Operations and Administration.
Reports To: Executive Chairman
Function: Operations and Administration
Location: Head Office
Purpose Statement: Plans, directs, and coordinates Human Resource, ICT, Procurement, Legal and Registry, Head Office Premises and Administrative management of the organization in order to maximize efficiency and growth.
- With the Executive Chairman, ensures that quarterly work plans are implemented efficiently and effectively to maximize efficiency and growth.
- Proactively manages the ICT, Legal and Registry, Head Office Premises and administration of the organization to ensure timely collection of the organization resources, efficient and timely procurement, staff cohesion, and administrative efficiency to support and advance the Company’s goals.
- Ensure that the Company maintains a robust customer relationship program that keeps the customers regularly informed, inspired and motivated.
Operations of the following areas:
- Overseeing the hiring, developing and looking after employees. This involves functions such as training and monitoring performance.
- Providing basic hardware, software, and application support for staff that may be in multiple locations and /or complex technical environment including specialized technologies or systems that must interface with network.
- Negotiate contracts, purchase required goods, and keep accurate records of transactions, trends, and performance with vendors.
Legal and Registry
- Provide efficient and effective delivery of company mandate through all company compliance, contract management and other legal and registry services.
Head Office Premises
- Co-ordinate all operations of the Head Office premises- offices, kitchen, gardens etc.
- Co-ordinating office operations, procedures and staff in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Any other duties that may be allocated by management
Context / Environment: The job operates in a very competitive real estate market, with the head office in Nairobi and the site construction offices in Naivasha and Makuyu.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in relevant field with at least 7 years relevant work experience
- Problem Solving – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyses information skilfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service – manages difficult or emotional client situations i.e. Consultants; responds promptly to their needs and meets commitments
- Team Work – exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build moral and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; recognises accomplishment of other team members,
- Delegation –delegates work assignments; matches the responsibility to the person; gives authority to work independently; sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; provides recognition for results.
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; inspires respect and trust; accepts feedback from others; provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates; gives appropriate recognition to others; displays passion and optimism; mobilizes others to fulfil the vision for Longonot Gate
- Managing People – includes staff in planning, decision making, facilitation and process improvement; takes responsibility for subordinates activities; makes self-available to staff; provides regular performance feedback;
- Quality Management – looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Cost Consciousness – works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
- Judgement – displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgement ; supports and explains reasoning for decision; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decision
- Planning/Organizing – prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other peopleand their tasks; develops realistic actions plans.
Key Success Factors
- A motivated team
- Timely payment of accounts receivable
- Timely communication with customers
- Safe custody of organizations legal documents
- Efficient and secure customer filing system and database
- Timely resolution of customer complaints
- Efficient and timely procurement of goods and services
- Coordinate department work plans
- Secure, efficient and proper use and maintenance of company assets
- Internal – Oversight of all head office departments
- Direct management of head office staff and oversight of all HR matters, Executive Chairman, Board
- External – Legal Consultants, all customers, Security Companies, Landlord, sub-tenants
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements and have a passion for Real Estate and a ‘Can Do’ attitude, send your CV ONLY in MS Word Format to email@example.com