Architect Job in Kenya 2019
Career Kenya: Architect Job in Kenya 2019
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Job Vacancy: Architect
Our client, a leading architectural and interior design practice organization working locally and regionally with a wide spectrum of public and private sector clients seeks to recruit an Architect.
The Architects’ role will involve extensive collaboration with internal and external teams that consist of the client, quantity surveyors, engineers, project managers and graduate architects working in and out of Kenya.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare project plans in accordance with the company’s Project Planning Manual (PPM)
- Participate in project review meetings and co-ordinate the project activities in consultation with the Directors.
- Participate in project Inception, Feasibility and Outline Proposals of projects as directed by the Directors.
- Responsible for developing the concepts, schemes and developed designs in consultation with the Directors.
- Oversee and participate in the development of production information to ensure that the contractors have all information necessary to build at the time of project award.
- Prepare and make presentations to relevant stakeholders including clients, consultants, Directors and staff as required.
- Coordinates the activities of other consultants and ensure that the designs are fully coordinated with the project engineers and other consultants on the project.
- Co-ordinate the tender process and selection of contractors.
- Oversee the construction phase of the project including chairing of site meetings and inspections and ensuring quality control policies and measures in place are adhered to.
- Ensure that all construction management documents necessary in the project including Architects Instructions, RFI Responses and Payment Certificates are well documented and issued in a timely manner
- Oversee bidding and document preparation for new jobs.
- Provide mentorship to graduate architects.
Desired Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture from a recognized university.
- Minimum 5 years post registration experience as an architect in a busy office.
- Registration with the Board of Registration of Architects and Quantity Surveyors of Kenya.
- Member of the Architectural Association of Kenya (AAK) or any other Professional Association.
Software Skills and Experience
- Proficient in the use of the following software: Autodesk REVIT and BIM360 Design, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, SharePoint & OneDrive). Experience in Sketch Up will be an added advantage.
- Experience in Design and Construction supervision is a critical requirement.
- Extensive experience in planning, design and construction supervision of large projects.
- Knowledge of construction management principles, including CPM scheduling, cost control, change order processes, price/rates evaluation and negotiation, construction techniques, construction standards and contract administration.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing to a diverse audience.
- Organized: Capacity to align with/ formulate a logical approach in project implementation. Consistency in application of required policies and procedures.
- Analytical: Thoroughly analyses and evaluates alternatives. Proactive and innovative in problem resolution.
- Adaptable: Works with little direction and supervision, timely completion of projects, makes time for unplanned assignments, adapts to changing priorities.
- Ethical: Have a moral code for fairness; tolerance; honesty;
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time Telephone number to the email address: email@example.com with Architect on the Subject line.
Candidates MUST indicate their Current and Expected salaries.