Aug 2017 Oasis Specialist Hospital Theatre Technician and Radiographer Current Jobs in Kisii Kenya
Aug 2017 Oasis Specialist Hospital Theatre Technician and Radiographer Recent Jobs in Kisii Kenya
Aug 2017 Oasis Specialist Hospital Theatre Technician and Radiographer Career Vacancy in Kisii Kenya
- Maintain and keep all surgical tools sterilized and orderly: it is the responsibility of the theatre technician to ensure that all tool used during an operation are sterilized, cleaned and neatly arranged for the next procedure. This includes tools used in theatre and dental.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the surgical tool and ensure they are functioning and incase otherwise report the matter to the Chief Nurse for necessary actions.
- Prepare surgical instrument and equipment for autoclaving/sterilization per protocol.
- To ensure that before and after surgery, theatre is washed and disinfected.
- It is the responsibility of the theatre technician to ensure that all tool required for surgery are available. Theatre technician will call the doctor and confirm with them the type of set they will like to use, if it is available then prepare and make it available for use, but if the tools are not available make a point of looking and informing the doctor of alternatives.
- Prepare patients for surgery
- To ensure a patient has been taken for the procedure on time, the theatre technician can appoint someone to assist in bringing the patient to theatre.
- Takes care of any specimens obtained for testing following laboratory procedures/protocol
- Certificate in theatre
- Minimum of two years relevant experience
- Below 30 years of age
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- Evaluate patients’ medical condition and history to determine most suitable radiographic technique for diagnosis
- Interact with patients to offer them psychological support and address their concerns regarding an imaging procedure
- Adjust diagnostic equipment to deliver accurate amount of radiation to patients
- Operate complex medical instruments such as MRIs, CT scanners, X-ray, ultrasound, and several other imaging devices
- Liaise with oncologists and physicians to plan treatment for cancer patients
- Direct and supervise the activities of radiography assistants and trainee radiographers
- Maintain proper records of patient details ensuring confidentiality of sensitive information
- Follow up on patients after treatment to track the progress of recovery and ensure patients show no signs of radiation side effect
- Explain to patients and their family the details of a procedure and ways to manage possible side effects
- Regularly inspect diagnostic equipment to ensure they are functional and operate efficiently
- Assist oncologists and physicians during complex radiological examinations
- Ensure compliance with health and safety guidelines to minimize risk of exposure to ionizing radiation
- Diploma in imaging
- 1 year experience
Oasis Specialist Hospital,
P.O. Box 1574 – 40200
Online applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the position being applied for clearly indicated on the subject line, attach CV only.
All applications should reach the undersigned on or before 4th September, 2017.