Back End Developer at Mesozi Group 2019
Career Kenya: Back End Developer at Mesozi Group 2019
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Mesozi is an award-winning provider of integrated business and technology solutions. We believe everyone deserves to Experience Clarity™
We act as a strategic partner for enterprises, nonprofits and organizations that wish to harness the power and scale of technology to achieve business objectives.
Backend Engineers at Mesozi work on our core product APIs. This includes both MarketForce™360/Ageeza and MarketForceFS. They work with peers on teams dedicated to various areas of the product. They work together with product managers, designers, and front-end developers to solve common goals.
Culture at Mesozi
Mesozi’s culture is guided by mutual respect and empathy for our clients and for teammates; personal responsibility, transparency, collaboration, innovation and open channels of communication. We value speedy delivery and well-defined processes. Additionally, we love lean, iterative improvements, and success is measured by the value we create for our clients.
- Extensive knowledge of OOP, Design Patterns, and SOLID Principles.
- Significant professional experience with Python and PostgreSQL in large production environments
- Deep understanding of at least Flask/Django for Python
- Deep understanding of fundamental database concepts – relational (SQL) database, non-relational (NoSQL) database and ORMs/ODMs
- Some knowledge of at least one cloud hosting platform (eg.: AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Some knowledge of at least one CI/CD tool — Jenkins, Travis CI, Circle CI, Gitlab CI
- Intermediate level understanding of containerization and orchestration techniques — Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of at least two among unit, integration, e2e and UI testing in Flask/Django for Python
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems
- Comfort working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset
- Effective communication skills: Regularly achieve consensus with peers and clear status updates
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with other parts of the organization
- Share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Develop new features and improvements to the Mesozi product in a secure, well-tested, and performant way
- Collaborate with Product Management and other stakeholders within Engineering (Frontend, Mobile, UX, etc.) to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance
- Solve technical problems of moderate scope and complexity
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team (“technical debt”), propose and implement solutions
- Represent Mesozi and its values in public communication around specific projects and community contributions
- Confidently ship small features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects
A minimum of 3 years of professional experience writing production-grade python code, during which you’ve built deep technical expertise and demonstrated technical leadership.
- Experience in a peak performance organization, preferably a tech startup
- Experience working with a remote team
- Enterprise software company experience
- Computer Science education or equivalent experience
- Passionate about/experienced with open source and developer tools
Interested and qualified? Go to Mesozi Group career website on www.linkedin.com to apply