Career Employment NGO Program Officer Job in Nairobi Kenya September 2016
NGO Program Officer Career Vacancy in Nairobi Kenya September 2016
NGO Program Officer Job Vacancy in Nairobi Kenya September 2016
Job Title: Program Officer
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support policy development in the areas of (advocacy on human rights, gender issues, democracy and governance).
- Conduct community relation activities and participate in meetings as the resource person.
- Deal with community leaders e.g. Teachers, Chiefs etc.
- Represent the firm in various stakeholder functions
- Provide recommendations on various cases
- Receive and investigate cases and determine which area they fall
- Provide briefings and develop background documents as and when required by Management and donors e.g. Progress Reports
- Liaise with relevant institutions and human rights bodies
- Conduct in-depth research on relevant issues as and when required to assist the organization in determining long range objectives
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences (Political Science, Sociology, Literature, Anthropology)
- At least 3 – 5 years continuous work experience in the NGO sector
- Excellent writing and verbal skills
- Excellent computer knowledge and practical use of the (MS-Office suite)
- Mature individual able to see tasks through to completion
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills
- A team-player and presentable individual
- From 28 years and above
- Tactful and a Team player with excellent writing and verbal skills
- Strong work ethics and demonstrated professionalism
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Time conscious individual with the ability to meet project deadlines
Clearly indicate the position title on the subject line.