Clerk of Works Jobs Vacancy Kenya 2019
Job Employment Kenya: Clerk of Works Jobs Vacancy Kenya 2019
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Clerk of Works
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 3 days left to apply for this job.
Royal Nairobi Golf Club is a premier private members Club that provides world class sporting and recreational facilities that are second to none in our region. RNGC is located in very close proximity to vibrant Nairobi city along Muchai drive off Ngong Road.
Reporting to the facilities Manager/Project Team.
The suitable candidate will ensure that work is carried out to the Club’s standards, specification and schedule. Clerks of Works must be able to liaise with Engineers when dealing with Technical matters that may arise on major Construction Projects.
For appointment to this grade an officer must: –
Have a Diploma in Civil Engineering/Building Construction from a recognized institution;
Have at least 3 years of experience in construction industry;
Have excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships.
• Coordinate, monitor, inspect and supervise construction works within the Club.
• Conduct on-site observation and spot-checks of work in progress;
• Ensure contract compliance by the contractor, such as conducting tests specified in contract and installing materials/equipment as specified in contract, and report deficiencies to project team and facilities Manager;
• Provide reports on all on-site matters, including third-party inspections, progress, safety concerns, and causes for delay;
• Maintain job-site files, documents, reports and daily log; prepare periodic reports for the client as required;
• Attend all job-site meetings as client’s representative or in conjunction with project team and facilities Manager;
• Perform related duties as assigned including continuous reporting to the contractor on available work fronts;
• Work in collaboration with Way leave officers and the project implementation team to ensure the project run smoothly and objectives are achieved.
Required education: Diploma, Associate’s degree
Required relevant work experience: 3 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)