Clinical Pharmacist Job vacancy Aga Khan Hospital 2019
Career vacancy Clinical Pharmacist in Mombasa Kenya 2019
The hospital is part of an integrated health system that includes Hospitals and outreach health centers across East Africa.
- To offer drug information to consultants, physicians, nurses, and other users of the hospital
- To participate in the review and update of the Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa, Formulary to enable optimal drug usage
- To serve as an active member and to give professional advice to the Pharmacy Department, Pharmacy and
- Therapeutic Committee, Infection Control,
- Antibiotic Stewardship and other Advisory Committees as appropriate
- Attend doctors rounds in ICU and medical ward
- Conduct face to face and other modes of medication reviews and agree medicines care plans in agreement with patients and carers
- Organize and oversee repeat prescribing, repeat dispensing, electronic prescribing and medication review systems
- Promote a culture of constant improvement and excellence
- Conduct regular clinical audits and other improvement activities
- Prevent, detect, resolve and document medication-related problems and make appropriate evidence-based, patient-centered medication therapy recommendations as part of the interdisciplinary team
- Attending mandatory CMEs, conferences, and trainings
- Participating in departmental education activities.
- Master’s Degree in Clinical Pharmacy
- At least 2 years working experience in a similar position, preferably in a busy hospital set up
- Registered with the Pharmacy & Poisons Board
- Experience with an online prescription system is a plus
- S/he must demonstrate an understanding of quality initiatives not limited to JCIA and ISO
- S/he should have strong leadership, people management, negotiating and influencing skills with the ability to build relationships and encourage consensus, partnering and networking at all levels.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills in the problem-solving process.
- Ability to organize workload and identify priorities appropriately.
How to Apply
Candidates are invited to upload a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Please indicate the position you are interested in on the subject line
Deadline for submitting the application is on 10th January 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.