CMMB Community Health Officer Job in Kitui, Kenya 2019
Job Employment Kenya: CMMB Community Health Officer Job in Kitui, Kenya 2019
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Community Health Officer
Location: Mutomo, Kitui
We believe in a world in which every human life is valued, and health and human dignity are shared by all.
We believe that access to quality healthcare is a basic human right.
For more than 100 years, we have worked with global partners to deliver locally sustainable, quality healthcare solutions to women, children and their communities.
We’re ready to make it 100 more.
We believe change starts with her.
We work tirelessly for women’s and children’s health because they are disproportionately affected by illness and poverty.
We know that healthy, educated, and empowered women are better able to raise healthy, educated, and confident children, and that communities depend on their livelihoods.
We’re making an impact – learn more.
Building around a new CHAMPS (CHildren And Mother PartnershipS) model, CMMB will work at both the community and clinical levels in these targeted communities to strengthen health services and address the
leading causes of maternal and child death.
In addition, CMMB will expand its volunteer program to strengthen health care delivery in CHAMPS-supported facilities and will engage with the pharmaceutical industry to help meet the needs of CHAMPS communities and facilities.
CMMB is committed to learning and evolving in order to successfully achieve impact in its strategy and will have strong vertical and horizontal team structures in alignment to the global strategy in order to encourage
accountability, communication, and effective project management.
We believe in people.
We strive to live out our core values of collaboration, love, excellence and respect every day. We provide our employees with a competitive salary and a meaningful benefits package, with opportunities to learn and grow. We especially encourage all persons of diverse backgrounds to apply. Read more from our President & CEO below.
The Programs Department plays a critical role in achieving CMMB’s strategy around improving the lives of women and children, by leading the provision of high quality programs focused on children’s and mothers’
health, and particularly in the development and implementation of our CHAMPS model.
This team is also responsible for generating revenue from and partnering effectively with government(s), major foundations, and other major donors, and will help to position and enhance CMMB’s technical capacity and reputation in the field of global healthcare.
CMMB has been working in Kenya for almost 15 years. CMMB works to ensure that the most vulnerable populations, especially mothers and children, have access to quality services in health care, health promotion
and illness prevention.
Under the leadership of the Project Coordinator, the Community Health Officer will ensure the community-based delivery of MNCH services in CHAMPS through effective coordination and function of the community health volunteer system inter-phasing with the link health facilities.
As such, he/she will directly oversee the work of CHVs and the CHEWs while actively engaging and providing technical support to health facility management committees.
For this critical synergistic function, the incumbent will ensure routine conduct of health data feedback forums with community leadership members.
- Provide technical and hands-on support for implementation of Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement of WASH, MNCH and livelihoods interventions within the community.
- Provide technical support and supervision for implementation of quality community WASH and MNCH activities.
- Support the establishment and strengthening of systems and structures to enhance community-facility linkages in project area for improved outcomes among project beneficiaries
- Monitor the performance and reporting by community health volunteers (CHVs), community units and community focused activities towards realization of program outcomes.
- Support implementation, at community level, of evidence-based techniques and strategies to ensure quality programming in WASH, MNCH and livelihoods.
- Support the identification training needs among CHVs and other community groups, plan trainings and facilitate training sessions on the various program focus areas.
- Ensure project activities within the community is compliant with national guidelines and policies
- Develop and distribute appropriate job aids and education materials relevant to the program focus areas for community health volunteers and other targeted community groups
- Facilitate partnership meetings between facility and community health volunteers to review performance on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual basis at facility level.
- In liaison with the community strategy focal person and Community Health Extension Workers, provide technical support and supervision to CHVs and Community Health Committees in discharge of their mandate.
- Represent CMMB at county, sub-county and facility meetings as may be called upon.
1. Minimum Qualification of a Degree in Community Development, Social Work, Social sciences, Nursing or Clinical Medicine. A Bachelor’s degree in health sciences is desirable.
2. Hands on community experience in HIV service delivery and technical coordination.
3. Minimum of 3 years’ hands-on experience in Community Health Strategy, MNCH clinical and programming in the rural context, working with Ministry of Health.
4. Excellent social mobilization skills
5. Excellent coordination and networking skills including liaison with stakeholders.
6. Technical expertise in critical components of integrated RMNCH and WASH.
7. Must have good analytical and report writing skills.
8. Experience working with an NGO is a plus.
9. Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel.
10. Proven experience and familiarity with MOH/GOK health systems and motivating community staff and partners to achieve results,
11. Proposal writing will be an advantage.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their application together with resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating position applied for on the subject line by 19th June 2019.
Include telephone and email contacts of 3 references and your daytime telephone/cell phone contact.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about us, visit our website at www.cmmb.org.
A message from Bruce Wilkinson, our President and CEO
As president of CMMB, I would like to thank you for your interest in joining with us on our journey to bring healthier lives to women, children and their families worldwide. CMMB has embarked on our second century of service to the most marginalized. Our vision of a world in which every human life is valued, and health and human dignity are shared by all is at the core of who we are. We are always looking to join hands with experienced professionals who want to add their energy to our work and are so pleased you are considering CMMB as your potential employer.
The Community Health Officer position is critical to our mission and vision.
I welcome your interest in joining CMMB’s diverse, talented, professional and motivated team to achieve our mission.