Commission for Higher Education Secretary / Chief Executive Officer Job in Kenya today 2013
Our client, the Commission for Higher Education, a strategic public institution has the primary mandate over matters of quality assurance, institutional and programme accreditation in higher education institutions.
The Commission seeks to achieve this mandate through good leadership and governance.
Our client therefore seeks to recruit a Secretary / Chief Executive Officer who will spearhead the realization of the vision and mission of the organization.
Reporting to the Board, the Commission Secretary / CEO will:
- Provide an innovative, visionary and strategic leadership.
- Lead the process of accreditation and quality assurance in higher education.
- Provide prudent management of all the resources of the organization.
- Build and nurture a highly motivated and disciplined workforce.
- Ensure compliance with the constitutional, public financial and non-financial statutory requirements including performance contracting, gender mainstreaming, equity in recruitment of staff and procurement of goods and services.
- Maintain a corruption free institution.
- Ensure the development of effective service delivery systems to address the expanded and dynamic nature of higher education.
- Initiate and ensure proactive mechanism for addressing stakeholders concerns.
- Development of an organizational culture that emphasises quality, continuous improvement, timeliness, high performance, employee discipline, retention and development.
- Development of innovative and cost effective operational systems / structures that serve the clients effectively and efficiently.
- Development of strategies to promote, protect and maintain the credibility and the image of the organization.
- Professor or Associate Professor from a recognized university.
- Minimum of ten (10) years experience in senior academic leadership and management position(s) in higher education institutions.
- Proven track record ¡n research and management.
- Excellent knowledge of higher education landscape.
- Proven knowledge of quality assurance initiatives and practice in higher education ¡n Kenya, East Africa and other parts of the world.
Send your application with a detailed CV with a daytime telephone contact.
Please also summarize yourself as follows:
- Job Ref No
- Your Name
- Current / Past Salary: Year 2011 p.m; Year 2012 p.m
- Year 2012 Benefits: If house, state market rent, If car state cc.
Send your application by hand, courier, post or email so as to reach us by 12 Noon 5th March 2012.
Limit email to maximum 3 pages A4 size CV and no attachments.
Mark Job Ref. No. on top left of the envelope.
Executive Selection Division,
Manpower Services (K) Ltd,
3rd Floor, Landmark Plaza,
Directly Opposite Nairobi Hospital Entrance,
P.O. Box 50736-00200,