Compliance Specialist at Medtronic 2020
Career Kenya: Compliance Specialist at Medtronic 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
REPORTS TO: Legal Manager
Main Purpose of the job
Provide advice to SSA business on Business Conduct Standards (BCS) compliance topics and reviews agreements on contractual relationships with medical care institutions, medical care professionals and third party distributors/agents. Such contracts being relative to research, education and commercial distribution.
Main Job DUTIES
- Advise businesses, business management and customers on BCS compliance. Function as 1 st point of contact on all BCS issues. Cross-functional and cross-departmental support.
- Prepare and conduct regular meetings and training sessions on BCS (including anti-corruption practices) and other compliance issues for SSA team.
- Assist in the development of procedures, guidelines and training programs on compliance and contract management and related matters for SSA
- Apply knowledge, develop processes, optimize processes, and suggest improvement to current processes as needed.
- Ensure alignment with ethical standards of the organization.
- Advise business units (together with Legal manager) on appropriate contract types and necessary documentation.
- Perform monitoring tasks, investigate complaints and verify deficiencies are corrected.
- Cooperation with EMEA Strategic Compliance Team
- Assist with paralegal work, if and when necessary.
- Other tasks determined by Manager
(What Is Absolutely Required To Do This Job)
(Things that make it easier to do this job)
- Good background and/or education in the field of contract administration, general administrative matters; compliance experience
- Fluent English (both written and spoken)
- 2-3 years practice in the field of contract administration, compliance or as a paralegal in a law firm or industry;
- Pharmaceutical or medical device industry experience
- Work experience in a multinational environment.
- Legal background of some kind preferred
Skills / Competencies
- Demonstrate effective organizational skills
- Good judgement and integrity
- Very good written and verbal communications skills-very important!!
- Analytical thinking / ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Attention to detail
- Positive and “can do” approach
- Good priority setting skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work autonomously, manage own day-today workload, and set own deadlines/priorities
- Ability to interface directly with demanding business clients
- Ability to work in an international environment and a matrix organisation