Consultant Job WHO 2020
Career Kenya: Consultant Job WHO 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Objectives and Scope:
The main objective of this consultancy is to account-for and map-out available medical specialists and; clinical officers and nurses with higher diploma in various specialities in Kenya by area of speciality and of work and establish the country training capacity.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
The consultant will produce the following deliverables:
- An inception report inclusive of methodology, data collection questionnaire(s) and costed work plan.
- First draft report that includes mapping of specialist’s lists – current numbers, ideal and gaps, and country training capacity in medical training institutions and teaching hospitals.
- A debriefing presentation document (Power Point) synthesising the main preliminary findings
- Second draft report to be presented at a validation meeting.
- A final review report, both narrative and in power point format for dissemination. The final report should include an executive summary of maximum 2 pages. The executive summary should be able to be read as a standalone document.
- All the gathered raw data
Timing of the Consultancy: The contract will run for two months starting from 01 May 2020
- The assignment will commence not later than 01 May 2020.
- First draft report shall be submitted to MoH no later than 27th May 2020.
- Debriefing Meeting not later than 8th June 2020
- Second draft report shall be submitted to MOH no later than 15th June 2020
- Validation meeting by 22nd June 2020.
- Final Report by 30th June 2020
This assignment requires a consultancy team (2-3 consultants) who will complement each other in execution of the work. The following qualifications are required:
- A Ph.D. or master’s level holder with over 10 years’ experience in human resources for health, medical education, health research.
- A human resource management (HRM) or organizational development specialists with 5 years’ experience and good grasp of the health sector and devolution.
- Good report writing skills – Team player with good interpersonal, communication, report writing, analytical and presentation skills are required. – Previous experience in MOH HR management related issues is desirable