Data Commissioner PSC 2020
Career Kenya: Data Commissioner PSC 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Data Commissioner Jobs, Other Professions, PSC Jobs
Position: Data Commissioner
Terms of Service: The Data Commissioner shall be appointed for a single term of six (6) years and shall not be eligible for a re-appointment
Remuneration: The Data Commissioner shall be paid a monthly gross remuneration package of Kshs.621,500.00 per month fixed for the term of office
The Office of the Data Protection Commissioner is an office established by section 5 (i) of the Data Protection Act, 2019. It is designated as a State Office in accordance with Article 260 (q) of the Constitution.
Pursuant to the provisions of Section 6(2) of the Data Protection Act, the Public Service Commission seeks to nominate persons to be considered for appointment to the post of Data Commissioner.
The Commission hereby invites applications from suitably qualified Kenyans who may wish to be considered for nomination.
The Functions of the Office of the Data Commissioner are provided in Section 8(1) of the Data Protection Act and shall include:
- overseeing implementation of and being responsible for enforcement of the Data Protection Act,
- establishing and maintaining a register of data controllers and data processors;
- exercising oversight on data processing operations and verify whether the processing of data is done in accordance with this Act;
- promoting self-regulation among data controllers and data processors;
- conducting assessment for the purpose of ascertaining whether information is processed according to the provisions of the Act or any other relevant law;
- receiving and investigating any complaint by any person on infringements of the rights under the Act;
- taking such measures as may be necessary to bring the provisions of the Act to the knowledge of the general public;
- carrying out inspections of public and private entities with a view to evaluating the processing of personal data;
- promoting international cooperation in matters relating to data protection and ensure country’s compliance on data protection obligations under international conventions and agreements;
- undertaking research on developments ¡n data processing of personal data and ensuring that there is no significant risk or adverse effect of any developments on the privacy of individuals; and
- performing such other functions as may be prescribed by any other law or as necessary for the promotion of object of the Act.
- hold a degree in any of the following fields from a university recognized ¡n Kenya:
- Data Science;
- Information Technology or
- any other related field;
- hold a Masters Degree;
- have knowledge and relevant experience of not less than ten (10) years; and
- meet the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution
How to apply
Candidates may submit manual (hard copy) or electronic (online) applications.
All applications should be submitted together with detailed curriculum vitae, a copy of ID/Passport, copies of academic certificates, testimonials and any other relevant supporting documents.
Manual applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked:
Application for the position of Data Commissioner” and delivered to:
Public Service Commission
4th Floor, Commission House
Off Harambee Avenue
P.O Box 30095-00100 Nairobi.
Online applications may be submitted via email to: email@example.com
All applications should reach the Public Service Commission on or before 14th April. 2020 latest by 5.00 p.m. (East African time)
PUBUC SERVICE COMMISSION