Data Design Associate at Komaza Kenya 2020
Career Kenya: Data Design Associate at Komaza Kenya 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Data plays a critical role at Komaza – by putting a smartphone in the hand of every single Field Extension agent, we are able to collect and analyze real-time information on all aspects of our value chain from Planting to Sales. Working in close collaboration with the Technology Development team (who create custom software to collect and store this data) Business Intelligence is the central nervous system of information at Komaza, and is tasked with designing new visualization tools, dashboards and human systems for leveraging data in our day-to-day operations. A core focus of the department is defining and managing the seams between our diverse data systems.
About The Role
The Business Intelligence team has achieved a critical milestone this year. We are on the brink of transitioning to a new custom Komaza web application that will connect data across our farmer journey from enrollment to payment — allowing us to track dynamic data and improve operational oversight. Our Data Design Associates play a critical role in enriching Komaza’s business by collaborating with multiple departments to ensure we gather the right information with a high degree of data integrity in order to develop insights for our rapid expansion across East Africa.
What Will You Do
- Work with our Technology Team to design the future of digital extension services for Agriculture
- Identify and provide input to new technology opportunities that will have an impact on the Komaza-wide BI systems
- Design, improve and implement data systems for our value chain operations, regional expansion sites, and shared service teams
- Design and implement new data collection methods to keep our data complete, updated and useful
- Develop custom analytical tools for use across the company
- Collaborate with value chain departments to extract meaningful insights for operational improvement
- Serve as a data consultant to multiple departments, training others on best practices on research design methodology, as well as data collection tools and techniques
- Develop data roadmaps, analysis, dashboards, process flows, survey forms and more
Note: The role we’ll have you a 50-50 time split between the Nairobi and Kilifi Office