Deputy Director, Information Communication Technology at National Transport and Safety Authority 2020
Career Kenya: Deputy Director, Information Communication Technology at National Transport and Safety Authority 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Reporting to the Director General, the Deputy Director, Information Communication Technology will be responsible for provision of leadership in design, development and implementation of the ICT operational strategy and management of the ICT Services function, infrastructure and technical operations in order to provide an outstanding service to staff and customers. The office holder is also responsible for management of the Authority’s technology operations and the implementation of new IT systems and policies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Oversee preparation, Management and monitoring of the department budgets
- Maintain discipline of employees and ensure rules and instructions are observed in the department
- Spearheading implementation of ICT Strategic Plan and Performance management.
- Lead in the implementation of the ICT strategy in line with policies, processes & procedures to deliver business objective.
- Oversee development and review of ICT policies, procedures, regulations and best practices.
- Lead and direct ICT projects and programs to achieve strategic objectives of the Authority
- Analyze the costs, value and risks to ensure the smooth operation of the ICT department in alignment with the business objectives of the organisation.
- Provide Technical advice to the Director General on matters ICT and Cyber security
- Lead project teams during business systems project implementation.
- Ensure the smooth operation of the ICT department in alignment with the business objectives of the organization.
- Lead, motivate and develop departmental staff to achieve business and people objectives
- Lead in the preparation and Review of ICT Risk management and Business continuity plans
- Oversee Development of resource mobilization strategies
- Plan, manage and provide project management (PM) leadership and support for ICT projects.
- Plan and lead the Authority in the functional department on the development of specific systems solutions to meet the functional requirements and NTSA objectives
- Work with business to define business and ICT performance metrics, and measures, tracks and reports on benefits realization.
- Ensure implementation of board resolution on ICT issues.
- Plan, direct, coordinate and design ICT-related activities, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the ICT department.
- Oversee Planning and implementation of effective testing processes of systems to ensure that deliverables adhere to standards.
- Carry out research on new technologies in the market that can benefit the Authority.
- Coordinate system audits on the utilization and viability of the Authority’s software;
- Oversee training of ICT users on new systems within the Authority; and
- Managing overall systems control by safeguarding the systems against deliberate efforts to fraudulently abusing it through physical and logical systems security and establishment of security features within the system for control purpose, though network monitoring and management
- Provide leadership to ICT Projects, operations and infrastructure ensuring that an appropriate technical support framework is in place, including the management and delivery of service support and service delivery.
- Oversee Management of contracts and relationships with external suppliers and
- support organizations including having regular formal review meetings to ensure the best possible economic goods and services are received by the Authority and mission critical ICT services are maintained
- Work closely with other departments/directorates to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions.
- Lead the NTSA in the ICT services management, reviews and ensures that agreed ICT services are provided throughout the Authority
- Oversee management of all ICT systems and ensure that ICT policies are consistently applied and plans for the organization (business recovery plans) BRP and pandemics.
- Oversee change initiatives to achieve desired business results
- Identify, implement and benchmark best practices.
Key Qualifications and Experience:
- For appointment to this position, a candidate must have:
- At least twelve (12) years relevant work experience, five (5) of which must have been at a senior management position in a large organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Communication Technology, Electronics/Electrical Engineering or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Master’s degree in the above fields from a recognized institution;
- Proven experience in leading and directing ICT programs and operations;
- Demonstrated a high degree of professional competence, administrative capabilities and initiative in the general organization and management of ICT.
Skills and Competencies
- Visionary, transformative and result-oriented strategic thinker;
- Ability to work in multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Strategic leadership;
- High integrity levels;
- Ability to drive change and innovation;
- Strong organization and inter personal skills; and
- Good leadership, mentorship and coaching skills.
- Ability to conceptualise, lead and direct strategic projects
- Strong business acumen with ability to understand the role of ICT in business Transformation.
Candidates interested in the above position are expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Candidates must therefore, obtain and submit the following documents together with their applications:
- Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI);
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA); and
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
The successful candidate will undergo vetting by the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
Qualified candidates should apply in confidence indicating the job Ref. number on both the application and envelope to the address below, enclosing CVs with full details of educational background and professional qualifications. The application should also have copies of certificates, relevant testimonials and the National ID. Applications may be deposited at the Authority’s Head Office, Hill Park Plaza, Ground Floor, Upper Hill Road, Nairobi in the application box or posted to;
The Director General
National Transport and Safety Authority
Hill Park Plaza, Upper Hill Road
P.O. Box, 3602 -00506
All applications should be received not later than 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, 15th December, 2020.
NTSA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Youth, Women and Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.