Digital NOC Engineer Job Vacancy at Safaricom Kenya 2019
Career vacancy Digital NOC Engineer in Nairobi Kenya 2019
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Converged Service Operations Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Team Manager – Digital Network Operations Centre – Converged Service Operations the position holder will be responsible for end-to-end fault management in technology which includes alarm monitoring, first level troubleshooting and resolution, trouble ticket management and faults escalation to 2nd level. The holder of the role will also manage execution of changes on the network and preventive maintenance on network elements across the network.
- To develop and analyze relevant daily/weekly/monthly reports on various key aspects of the Digital NOC section.
- To issue regular updates on service/network outages to the Technology, Enterprise Business Unit, Consumer Business Unit and Customer Operations divisions.
- To actively follow up on Major/Critical Incidents in collaboration with the Regional Networks Team, Incident Management team and other stakeholders.
- To perform alarms monitoring and First line fault resolution across the RAN, VAS, CORE, NPS, TRANSPORT and DATA (fixed/mobile) domains.
- To do Network Trouble Ticket (NTT) Management including creation of Trouble Tickets for network faults detected; tracking and update of TT status during its lifecycle (e.g. opened, assigned, dispatched, resolved, closed, etc.); tracking of all key information on TT (e.g. date/time of TT creation, organizational group that created TT, description of first diagnosis, etc).
- To work closely with the Change and Logical Access team to ensure logical access for all key RAN, CORE, VAS, TRANSPORT and DATA tools is done efficiently and effectively.
- Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering or Telecoms Engineering.
- 3 years of work experience in telecoms, preferably in a GSM environment, field operations or network management, 1 year of which must be in a busy NOC environment.
- Highly analytical with strong reporting and presentation skills.
- CCNA Certification
How to Apply