Reporting to the Group Head of Technical Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for all the energy management processes of planning, regulating, monitoring, controlling and conserving energy in KTDA factories and subsidiaries.
- Developing objectives and policies directed toward energy consumption.
- Devising and reviewing policies and systems for buying energy.
- Providing technical and practical advice, offering training on energy efficiency and developing promotional activities and materials.
- Ensuring accurate records are maintained and energy monitoring data is collected regularly.
- Developing ways of improving existing process by liaising with and providing technical support to mechanical and electrical design engineers.
- Benchmarking energy consumptions across KTDA factories and against best guidelines.
- Managing integration of renewable energy generation into existing systems.
- Keeping a breast of relevant legislation and ensuring compliance.
- Assume responsibility for compiling, maintaining and filing of all energy reports, billings and offer documents required.
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualifications and competencies:-
- Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical /production/electrical engineering or equivalent
- Be registered by the engineering board.
- Professional designation of Certified Energy Manager (CEM) will be an added advantage.
- Seven years experience in handling energy management projects.
- Good management skills.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with the standard office computer packages.
- Excellent interpersonal and communicating skills.
- Excellent and good report writing skills.
If you fulfill the above requirements and wish to be considered, please write to us enclosing your cover letter and a detailed CV to reach the undersigned not later than 4th April 2014.
Group General Manager – Human Resources & Administration,
Kenya Tea Development Agency Ltd,
P.O. Box 30213 – 00100,