Executive Secretary Job vacancy Maasai Mara University 2019
Career vacancy Executive Secretary Maasai Mara University Kenya Jan 2019
- KCSE Certificate (C-) with at least (C-) in English.
- Typewriting III (50 w.p.m)
- Office Management III
- Business English III
- Secretarial Studies II
- Commerce II
- Shorthand III (120 w.p.m)
- Office Practice II
- The above qualification should be from KNEC.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Exemplary work performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree/ Higher Diploma in relevant field from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Secretarial Studies from a recognized institution
- 3 years’ experience as a Senior Secretary I
- Master’s degree in relevant field is an added advantage
- Ability to portray and uphold positive national image and work in a multi- cultural and multi- ethnic environment with sensitivity to and respect to diversity.
- Have the capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Have demonstrable communication and interpersonal skills.
Reporting to the head of department
- Prepares and books all meetings for the officer to whom assigned
- Operates and manages Office Float for the office to whom assigned
- Orders and controls office stationery for the office.
- Manages, administers and coordinates all in-coming and out-going mails/correspondence.
- Books appointments/updates and maintains the Diary for the officer to whom assigned
- Public relations/Front desk operation for the officer to whom assigned
- Filling/Retrieval and maintaining of records for the office.
- Act as Secretariat to some meetings
- Supervise staff under him/her
- Access and utilize online information.
- Any other duties that may be assigned/directed by the immediate supervisor.
How to Apply
Applications in ten (10) copies, should be submitted together with a detailed curriculum vitae detailing academic qualifications, professional experience, leadership and management roles, publications/awards/scholarships/funding, membership of professional associations, linkages and community service; copies of relevant certificates, email address and telephone contacts.
Applicant must obtain clearance from Higher Education Loans Board, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission,
Kenya Revenue Authority, certificate of Good Conduct and Credit Reference Bureau Certificate.
Applicants are required to give names, addresses and contacts of three (3) referees and should indicate on the envelope the Reference number and the position applied.
Applications for the position of Accountant I, Executive Secretary II, Senior Secretary and Senior Internal Audit Assistant II should reach the Deputy Vice- Chancellor, Administration, Planning and Finance on the address indicated below on or before 5:00pm on 28th, January 2019.
Deputy Vice- Chancellor Administration, Finance & Planning,
Maasai Mara University
PO. Box 861-20500
Maasai Mara University is an equal opportunity employer.
Canvassing will automatically lead to disqualification.