Finance and Operations Manager at Savannah Brands 2020
Career Kenya: Finance and Operations Manager at Savannah Brands 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
At Savannah Brands we want to use the awesome produce in Africa to create authentic food and beverage products that embody Africa’s restlessly independent spirit. We want to do what big companies can’t do; be agile, nimble, get innovations to market quickly.
Based in Kenya, Savannah Brands is looking to launch a variety of product ranges in the juice, cider and snack categories.
Purpose of the Job
As a fast-growing beverage start-up, Savannah Brands needs to ensure it is growing in the right way.
The Finance & Operations Manager will take on the task of managing our finances (cash burn,
accounting, working capital requirements) and optimising the efficient running and profitability of Savannah Brands. They will build the foundation for Savannah Brand’s sustainable growth.
- Working with the CEO on the monitoring of the annual, 3Y and 5Y growth plan:
- Monthly Analysis vs. budget performance
- KPI implementation and reporting
- Quarterly Board Pack lead
- Lead on managing our day to day accounting.
- Lead on management of the existing budget to ensure we are fit for growth including:
- Detailed P&L and balance sheet management.
- Cash burn management – ways to reduce burn whilst still promoting growth.
- Cash flow management.
- Fundraising support.
- Process implementation.
- Accounts receivable management.
- Inventory management.
-Review finances and adjust budgets to promote profitability across our product ranges and on our day to day costs.
-Profitability Project Implementation:
- Detailed monitoring and optimisation of our COGS.
- Implement a returnable bottle system to improve COGS.
- Other COGS efficiencies (supplier benchmarking, utility optimisation).
- Logistics optimisation project.
- Manage the admin and finance team to best develop the company’s support function including administration and accountants department.
- Work closely with the head of production to best manage smooth operations.
Planning & Processes:
- Evaluate the cost efficiency of the existing business processes and procedures and establish new processes or improvements.
- Set up procurement processes to improve quality, cost and timeliness of sourcing local raw materials.
- Manage importation of secondary materials including optimising suppliers, cost and timings.
- Ensure the company is running with legality and conformity including updating annual licenses, local KEBs certifications and leading new certification acquisition.
- Daily commercial reporting.
- Monthly Financial, commercial and KPI reporting.
- Quarterly Board Packs.
Curious, Results-Driven, Independent, Ambitious, Process Orientated, Organised.
Minimum of 5 years in finance. Manufacturing and cost accounting experience, English.