Food and Beverage Manager Job at WE Charity in Kenya 2019
NGO Career vacancy Food & Beverage Manager Nairobi Kenya Jan 2019
WE is a movement that believes when we come together we can create an even better world. WE makes it easy for you to get involved – whether at home, school or work – by offering resources to help you create positive social change in your community and around the world.
Through WE Charity initiatives, WE empowers communities to lift themselves out of poverty through our holistic, sustainable international development model, WE Villages.
In Canada, the US, and the UK, WE Day and WE Schools are initiatives of WE Charity that educate and empower young people. WE Schools is a yearlong educational program that nurtures compassion in students and gives them the tools to create transformative social change. WE Day is a series of stadium-sized events that celebrate youth making a difference in their local and global communities.
ME to WE is an innovative social enterprise that provides people with better choices for a better world. We offer socially conscious and environmentally friendly products as well as life changing experiences. ME to WE measures the bottom line not by dollars earned, but by the number of lives changed and the positive social and environmental impact made. Half of ME to WE’s net profit is donated to WE Charity. The other half is reinvested to grow the enterprise and its social mission.
WE is looking for an outstanding Food and Beverage Manager.
The position will be based in Narok County, Kenya.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Taking appropriate measures to ensure guest satisfaction
- Organising outgoing vehicles with snacks, picnics and drinks
- Arranging and organising outside dining experiences and catering
- Tracking all meals eaten and beverages consumed
- Overseeing food and beverage orders ensuring camp stock is at an appropriate level
- Keeping track of breakages and losses that may occur
- Maintaining a physical inventory that is tracked and updated monthly
- Liaison with guest facilitators
- Ensuring dinning platforms are running smoothly with all necessary items
- Maintaining and ordering supplies and keeping supplies stocked throughout
- Maintaining the staff daily attendance, off days and managing leave requests for F&B staff
- Managing and organizing all aspects of kitchen related matters to the highest professional standards issued by the General Manager
- Strictly abiding by the policies and laws of the country in connection to food handling, hygiene, sanitation and storage
- Accountability for all aspects of running a successful kitchen operation
- Attaining food and beverage profit objectives relating to the department
- Maintaining proper professional cooperation and team work with all hotel departments whether direct or indirect related
Minimum Skills and Qualifications Required
- Previous experience of at least 5 years in the hotel industry, preferably in Food Service at a Management level
- Fluency in Swahili and English, both verbal and written.
- Ability to use a computer proficiently
- Ability to lift moderately heavy objects
- Ability to walk large distances
- Capacity to prioritize and organize
- Control to think clearly and remain calm under pressure
- Skill to resolve problems using good judgment
- Capability to understand and carryout guest’s needs.
- Capacity to work with minimal supervision.
- Aptitude to maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data
- Ability to multi-task coordination.
- Ability to organize and motivate staff members
- Knack to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Ability to provide gracious hospitality at all times.
How to apply:
WE are delighted to have you join our journey to bring about change in the world. WE are proud and excited to have you as part of our team! WE sincerely thank all those who will apply, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please send your cover letter and resume (indicating your current salary) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 31st January 2019.
For more details on the organization visit: www.we.org