Front Office Supervisor Job Vacancy at Executive Residency by Best Western Jan 2019
Career vacancy Front Office Supervisor in Nairobi Kenya 2019
Executive Residency by Best Western in Nairobi is the perfect location for classy accommodation and is located in a serene location of the city. The first of its kind in Sub-Saharan Africa, the Executive Residency is uniquely the first international brand hotel in Nairobi. Executive Residency by Best Western in Nairobi is your home away from home
Scope and General Purpose:
Supervise Front Office operations to ensure smooth running of the function as per property standards.
- To assist the General Manager in achieving maximum room sales and average room rate.
- To facilitate the efficient management of the guest and city ledger.
- To ensure the house policy on credit facilities is adhered to.
- To maximize on revenue by controlling over bookings, cut off rates, no-shows.
- Control operational costs in the department.
- Ensure all forecast are in order and realistic.
- Monitor cashier and closing reports to ensure accuracy and accountability of all cashiers
- Monitor the implementation of the promotion and loyalty programs in place.
- Ensure guest check in/ check out procedures are carried out in a smooth and efficient manner in accordance with the prescribed standards.
- Ensure all guests requests are handled in an efficient and professional manner.
- To ensure sufficient coverage of the reception area is in place at all times.
- Ensure required guests’ information is captured on the registration card and in the property management system.
- Ensure VIP guests are identified and recognized as per standard.
- Ensure the front office team and self are fully conversant on all aspects of the facilities offered by the property.
- Ensure duties and responsibilities are well assigned to subordinates and assist them in their duties as and when required
- Ensure that all messages, parcels, telexes & Faxes the delivered as per the hotel policy.
- Ensure room assignments are done in accordance to guest requests.
- Ensure that the team has correct information to answer queries from visitors, residents, and prospective residents and referring them to contact points at which they can obtain further information
- Liaising with other departments regarding matters arising: for example, security of the building and finances
- Alert the maintenance team of any faulty equipment that needs attention at a facility or building
- Ensure all maintenance issues are followed up to completion
- Assist with the duties of other departments that have limited staff
- To ensure all Front office reports are accurate and produced on time
- To ensure staff duty rotas are created, ensuring the efficient management of leave and off days
- To ensure staff briefings are conducted on a daily basis and departmental meetings are conducted once a month with minutes adequately followed up
- To ensure filing of registration cards as per departure date and reservation records as per arrival date are done
- Prepare duty rotas, leave schedules and pending day’s record.
- Ensure discipline is maintained.
- Ensure guest complaint records are well maintained and attended to efficiently and professionally.
- To maintain an up-to-date record of out-of-order rooms.
- To ensure discrepancy reports are correctly filed after resolution.
- Ensure equipment in place is maintained in good order.
- Ensure cleanliness is maintained at all times.
- Compilation and reviewing of daily reports, logs and lists
- Act as liaison between management and staff in passing on information to subordinates
- Ensure all front Office adhere to the personal hygiene and grooming standards
Training and Development
- To take an active interest in the development of subordinates through training and involvement in decision making.
- To give subordinates frequent feedback on their performance and status of development.
- To ensure that all personnel and training related policies, procedures and corporate philosophies are transmitted to all staff.
- To identify training needs and facilitates departmental training for the Front Desk in liaison with the human resources department
- Assist in conducting performance appraisals.
- Help in identifying potential employees for recognition.
- Comply with hotel rules and regulations and provisions contained in the employment handbook.
- Comply with company grooming and dress code standards
- Comply with timekeeping and attendance polices
- Actively participate in training and development programs and maximize opportunities for self-development.
- Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards to include
- Being attentive to guests
- Accurately and promptly fulfilling guest requests
- Understand and anticipate guest needs
- Ensure that Guest complaints are resolved promptly and appropriately
- Maintain a high level of knowledge which will enhance the guest experience
- Promotes goodwill by beings courteous, friendly, and helpful to guests, mangers, and fellow employees.
Health Safety & Security
- Demonstrate an understanding and an awareness of all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Safety
- Familiarise yourself with emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Ensure all security incidents, accidents and near misses are always logged in a timely manner and brought to the attention of your supervisor as per Fire Life & Safety (FLS) procedures
- Comply with the company corporate code of conduct at all times.
- Familiarize yourself with the company vision and values which link to our model of desired behaviors that we expect all employees to display.
- Perform other tasks at the level of the role as directed by the Front Office Supervisor in pursuit of the achievement of business goals.
- Desire and ability to improve your knowledge and abilities through on-going training.
- Be completely conversant with and adhere to departmental standards and procedures.
- Maintains a clean and neat appearance and work area at all times.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Executive Residency by Best Western career website on www.linkedin.com to apply