It is a fun, passionate and energetic company which has grown consistently from 1999, and currently operates 18 units with 700+ staff.
To support the current operations and continued growth, Nairobi Java House seeks to appoint a General Manager.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the General Manager will oversee and ensure the consistent delivery of the highest standards of service and products to Nairobi Java House’s customers through its network of outlets.
- Coaching, counselling and developing Leaders at the Departmental and Branch Level to achieve greater sales through delivering the best quality products and service while controlling costs
- Ensuring that all units are in compliance with all local government requirements
- Providing Leadership throughout the company so that each staff member consistently meets Java’s standards of superior customer service, quality and cleanliness while embracing the culture of working in a cheerful and fun working environment
- Coordinating and implementing current operational strategies as well as new company initiatives in a timely and efficient manner
- Accountability for the effective and proper staffing of all units with qualified personnel
- Working closely with the Human Resources Manager, ensuring that there is a continuous, appropriate and effective training programme for all personnel
- Maintaining a safe and secure working environment for all units
- Ensuring that all relevant reports on the units and company are reviewed regularly and appropriate action taken to improve performance
- Working closely with the Operations Director, to will sure that Java are sourcing the highest quality products to meet company standards within acceptable costs
- Working closely with the Human Resources Manager, to ensure that the hiring and recruitment strategy is attracting the best qualified personnel at all levels within the company in a spirit of fairness and transparency
- Working closely with the Food &Beverage Manager, the Group Executive Chef and the Group Head Barista, and operating under agreed SOPs. Working closely with the same team, will continuously review and the menu offerings and look for new and innovative products that fit with the Java Brand
- Working closely with the Managing Director, the candidate will play a key and strategic role in executing new company strategies and growth plans for Nairobi Java House and its subsidiaries.
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience working for an international, multi-unit restaurant chain. Five (5) of those years must be in a Senior Management position.
- Experience working in the African market is preferred
- Experience managing a large staff complement of 500+ staff
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Ability to be forward looking and to be a strategic thinker
- Willingness to live and work in Nairobi
If you meet the above qualifications, please email your CV to Dynamic People Consulting on: firstname.lastname@example.org