Opportunity Description: HVK seeks to recruit highly competent and self-driven youth for a 3 month internship program that will give the selected Interns a unique opportunity to work with HVK to sharpen their skills and prepare for future careers while working within the community.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Facilitate HVK programs to youth in schools & community groups;
- Conduct coaching for program beneficiaries and make regular follow ups;
- Administer M&E tools and undertake data gathering from participants & community based partners;
- Take responsibility in scheduling training dates, time and venue for program participants;
- Prepare and present field reports to respective supervisors;
- Regularly share blogs and field stories on the HVK website;
- Carry out at least one community development project during their internship tenure;
- Perform any other extra duty assigned.
What we are looking for in a prospective HVK Intern:
- Be Kenya citizen willing to be based in East Kano;
- Be a university/college graduate or soon to be graduate. Having graduated between 2012 and 2014 with a Diploma or Bachelor’s degree.
- Graduates who show genuine desire to serve among the poor in rural Kenya.
- Demonstrated ability to create networks and linkages;
- Have ability/passion to coach peers;
- Have a good understanding of youth and gender issues;
- Be a comfortable user of Computer applications; Microsoft office suite; Browser and Social media
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Kiswahili;
- Be aged between 21 and 26 years;
- Good interpersonal skills and presentation skills, proactive, initiative and a team player;
- Willing to undergo training;
Applications should include;
- Letter of application indicating interest statement of why you want to Intern with HVK in 800 words
- Current Curriculum Vitae with telephone numbers and e-mail addresses
- Three letters of reference with telephone numbers and e-mail addresses
- Copy of National ID
- Reference letter from your university lecturer
- Copies of Certificates, Diplomas or Transcripts
or in person HVK Offices – Community Resource Center, Lieta, South Uyoma, Turn Right at Lweya Primary School, following the dirt road for 500m behind the posh mill. Proceed until you reach Happy Villages blue gate.