Happy Villages Program Manager in Rarieda, Nyanza 2012
Job Title: Program Manager
Reports to: Happy Villages Organization Kenya Board of Directors.
Based at: Happy Villages’ Office – Lieta Sub-Location, Madiany Division, Rarieda District, South Uyoma, Nyanza Province.
Purpose of the Role:
To assist the Happy Villages Board of Directors in conceptualizing, designing and implementing Happy Villages’ Strategic Plan and the Annual Operational project plans.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Conceptualize, design and implement Happy Villages’ strategic plan and annual operational plans.
- Facilitate networking and partnership building with stakeholders ie. Government, CSOS and Private Partners
- Lead, develop and inspire a pool of diverse workers capable of delivering on the mandate of Happy Villages.
- Identify funding opportunities and develop partnerships, collaboration and contacts with funding agencies and other stakeholders.
- Report to the Happy Villages Board of Directors periodically on team and individual work accomplishments, challenges, issues, progress in mastering tasks and work processes, and individual and team training needs.
- Monthly Content Collection for updating Happy Villages Board of Directors on field activities and supporter/member updates. This includes conducting interviews with the community members, taking photos (upon written authority), compiling success stories and briefing the board on the main activities conducted in the field.
- Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve work related problems and also provide feedback.
- Coordinate project activities with activities of government regulatory and other governmental agencies.
- Travel frequently to projects districts and mobilize partner organizations as envisioned in the project document, stakeholders and beneficiary communities as per agreements reached between partner organizations and Happy Villages to fulfil the objectives of the projects.
- Ensure integrity and professionalism is upheld within the organization staff, volunteers and interns.
- Degree in Social Sciences or related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working with rural communities in community development.
- High levels of skills in the project planning and management, demonstrated skills in prioritising task and meeting deadlines.
- Strong communication, analytical and report writing skills with fluency in spoken and writing English.
- Journalism skills for supporter updates, field reporting, community interviews to the Board of Directors.
- Fundraising skills for reporting to donors and submitting grant applications.
- Knowledge and skills in basic computing including Ms Word, Ms Excel, Powerpoint.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in working with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Good knowledge and experience of participatory approaches in project development and implementation.
- Willingness and enthusiasm to live and work with rural and vulnerable communities living in remote areas of the country.
- Knowledge and fluency in Luo language will be an added advantage.
Canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
Applications should include;
- Letter of application indicating interest
- Current Curriculum Vitae with telephone numbers and e-mail addresses
- Three letters of reference with telephone numbers and e-mail addresses
- Copies of Certificates
Applications Due: 9th March 2012.
Applications will be accepted either through e-mail to:
Recruitment Committee, H
appy Villages Organization
Or posted: P. O. Box 19573 ( 40123), Mega City, Kisumu.
Or dropped: Happy villages Offices ( Kisumu – Mega City or Lieta – South Uyoma)
NB; Full Terms of Reference are available at www.happyvillages.blogspot.com