Highchem East Africa Management Accountant Job in Kenya today 2013
They are looking for an ambitious, self-driven candidate to fill the position of:
The management accountant will be responsible for the improvement of productivity and growth of the organisation as well as help the management in taking correct policy-decisions, improving the efficiency of operations and to supervise and coordinate the accounts department.
Principal Roles and Accountabilities:
- To establish, coordinate and administer, as an integral part of management, an adequate plan for the control of operations. Such a plan would provide, to the extent required in the business cost standards, expense budgets, sales forecasts, profit planning, and programme for capital investment and financing, together with necessary procedures to effectuate the plan.
- To compare performance with operating plan and standards and to report and interpret the results of operation to all levels of management, and to the Board of Directors. This function includes the formulation and administration of accounting policy and the compilations of statistical records and special reports as required.
- To consult with all segments of management responsible for policy or action conserving any phase of the operations of business as it relates to the attainment of objective, and the effectiveness of policies, organization structures, procedures.
- To administer tax policies and procedures.
- To supervise and coordinate preparation of reports to Government agencies.
- The assured fiscal protection for the assets of the business through adequate internal; control and proper insurance coverage.
- To continuously appraise economic and social forces and government influences, and interpret their effect upon business
- The preparation as budget director, in conjunction with other officers and department heads, of an annual budget covering all activities of the Company and submission to the Board of Directors prior to the beginning of the fiscal year
- The initiation, preparation and issuance of standard practices relating to all accounting, matters and procedures and the co-ordination of system throughout the Company including clerical and office methods, records, reports and procedures
- The approval for payment(and / or countersigning ) of all cheques, promissory notes and other negotiable instruments of the Company which have been signed by the treasurer or such other officers as shall have been authorized by management or form time to time designated by the Board of Directors
- To keep and maintain the security documents of the Company in the safe in conformity with the regulations established from time by the Board of Directors.
- The preparation or approval of the regulations or standard practices, required to assure compliance with orders of regulations issued by duly constituted governmental agencies.
- BS in Accounting or Finance, MBA
- CPA (K) highly desirable
- At least 5 years experience in a progressively financial leadership role
- Strong working knowledge of Accounting
- Strong analytical skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
Interested candidates should forward their CVs to email@example.com by 26th April 2012 stating their current and expected remuneration, day time telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.