HR Associate at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) 2020
Career Kenya: HR Associate at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
The Human Resources Associate (MIP) will function under the direct supervision of the HR Officer, primarily responsible for the processing of Medical Insurance Plan (MIP) claims in respect of MIP participants at the Regional Bureau. S/he will also be responsible for providing and maintaining a consistent approach in helping staff members and insured family members in understanding plan¿s benefits. S/he will be working in a discreet working environment in which various personnel and sensitive issues will be discussed, commitments made and actions initiated. The confidentiality of all personnel matters and the need to deal with clients and third parties such as medical providers in a courteous and efficient manner are the salient features of this position.
Accountability (key results that will be achieved)
- Responsible for the day-to-day administration of the MIP at the Regional Bureau;
- Checks medical insurance claims : prior authorizations, relevant documentation, request additional information as, if and when necessary;
- Undertakes actions related to the reimbursement process: verifies and validates bills, applies reimbursement codes, validates reimbursement in MSRP MIP;
- Assists as required to the daily opening of the mail and to the filling of documents;
- Assists as required in responding to demands of insured/clients on the reimbursement rules and procedures to respect and provides relevant information related to claims;
- Performs other tasks that the supervisor has assigned and consult him/her on all above activities, in order to meet the level of the services in the organization.
- In carrying out all functions, the objective is to provide prompt, effective and equitable services with utmost confidentiality.
Responsibility (process and functions undertaken to achieve results)
- Process MIP claims at the Regional Bureau;
- Any other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications And Professional Experiences
- Completion of secondary education with certificates in secretarial or administrative training.
- Minimum 5 years of previous relevant work experience.
- Proven ability to deal with multiple tasks in a courteous and service oriented manner.
- Experience in provision of support services with individual client work and conflict resolution a real advantage.
- Good communicator to provide support to staff members of different cultural and educational backgrounds.
- Proven ability to work independently and with utmost discretion, in light of the confidential nature of the work.
- Knowledge of administrative matters and ability to deal with clients. Shows pride in work and in achievements.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda.
- Planning and organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies.
- Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates
- appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for
- contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time
- Good knowledge of UNHCR administrative procedures and processes and exposure to provision of support services in an international organization.
- Demonstrated working and operational knowledge of MSRP HR as well as MIP modules, MS applications, Livelink and Outlook.
- Fluency in English (written/oral/comprehension).
Desirable Qualifications And Competencies
Nurse education or medico-related training is an added advantage.
Competencies as defined in Job Profile
Please also note that English is essential for this Job Opening.