ICRC Customs Liaison Officer Job in Nairobi, Kenya 2019
Job Employment Kenya: ICRC Customs Liaison Officer Job in Nairobi, Kenya 2019
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
ICRC Logistic Support Centre in Nairobi is recruiting an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of:
Customs Liaison Officer
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
Overall Responsibility: The Customs Liaison Officer is responsible for coordinating, communicating and troubleshooting movement of import / export consignments with the Logistics Support Centre customers to guarantee on-time deliveries.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Act as the first focal point of contact in resolving all queries and correspondence relating to Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA), transport and customs, reconciles requests and ensures formal conclusion and communication of the same to concerned persons;
- Manage the administration requirements in relation to the MFA, Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), and Kenya Bureau of Standards (KEBS) in relation to tax exemption for goods, equipment and vehicles imported by ICRC, sales, transfers of ownership and disposals;
- Maintain a good rapport with Government bodies (customs, MFA, KPA, KAA) and other stakeholders concerned with matters relating to customs, resolving any issues arising;
- Ensure the required shipping documentation is correctly established and coordinates with colleagues/service providers at the origin and at the receiving end;
- Participates in the selection of cost efficient and reliable modes of transportation for goods;
- Continuously updates Standard Operating Procedures/shipping instructions database in line with changes in legislation or Government directives that impact the customs clearance process;
Minimum Requirements and Competencies
- Degree in Logistics or equivalent;
- Three years’ work experience in Customs, Protocol or Logistics field;
- Working knowledge & certification of the KRA SIMBA system, KENTRADE — Single Window System, TANCIS & ASYCUDA;
- Good command of written and spoken English;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Excellent analytical, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of Logistics ERP Systems will be an added advantage;
- Valid driving license and IATA DGR certification;
The interested candidates should submit their applications on or before 27th May 2019 at 4:30 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas etc) and current and expected remuneration to
ICRC Logistics Support Centre,
via: E-mail: email@example.com
The reference Customs Liaison Officer must be stated In the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required degree & other supporting documents, your application will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. If the candidate is asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.