Inventory Accountant Job in Kenya 2019
Job Employment Kenya: Inventory Accountant Job in Kenya 2019
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Our client is a retail company with over 20 years in operations.
They seek to recruit a qualified and experienced Inventory Accountant for the business.
An ideal candidate for this role must have at least 3 years’ experience in similar role.
- Perform counts and ensure all inventory is accounted for and reported according to company policy
- Coordinate stock take activities both at Central warehouse and company branches.
- Maintain adequate inventory levels to meet customer demand
- Investigate and correct discrepancies in reported quantities and locations of all inventory
- Assess inventory output on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis to identify trends in productivity
- Manage cycle counts of product inventories on a regular basis
- Lead others in safe work practices, especially when in a distribution center environment
- Monitor delivery schedule and customer orders
- Place and receive orders in a timely and accurate manner
- File claims when defective products are discovered
- Coordinate with Supply chain, Accounting, IT and warehouse departments
- Facilitate removal or transfer of product as needed
- Perform process and system testing and track performance by area to locate and solve problems in data integrity, productivity, and efficiency
- Train other employees in asset inventory management
- Forecast supply and demand to prevent overstocking and running out-of-stock
- Coordinate regular inventory audits
- Prepare stock and sales reports
- Work with the warehouse department in stock management.
- Understand sales process in Branch and assist where the stock is involved to the Branches.
- Degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Economics or Mathematics
- CPA(K) is highly desirable
- Must have experience of at least 3 years as an Inventory accountant/Controller
- Experience in a retail chain business is highly desired.(supermarkets, fashion etc)
- Experience with inventory systems will be added advantage.
- Good Analytical Skills
- Detail Oriented/Attention to details
- Ability to Multitask
- Tech Savvy- Computer Skills
- Good communication Skills-Verbal and Written
- Mathematical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Business skills
- Time management skills
- Report writing skills
How to Apply;
Qualified and interested candidates are advised to send their applications to email@example.com clearly quoting “INVENTORY ACCOUNTANT” on the email subject line.
Applications closes on 15th June 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.