Inventory Manager Job Vacancy in Kenya 2019
Job Employment Kenya: Inventory Manager Job Vacancy in Kenya 2019
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
Job Vacancy: Inventory Manager
Take complete responsibility for the management of the inventory and warehousing operations in the warehouse, in line with policies and procedures; including the receipt, storage, accounting, dispatching and reporting of all commodities received and stored in the warehouse;
Ensure that accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are functioning, even cold chain requirements, and that all relevant records are properly maintained.
Ensuring regular stock reports, daily stock position, monthly commodity and logistic movements reports through the usage of platform and technology;
Oversee all the loading and offloading activities at gate, counting of bags and stock while loading and offloading, prepare arrangement plans for stock based on warehouse segmentation
Ensure prompt dispatch of products to the clients, production of delivery notes prior to client loading/delivery and filling of all related documentation;
Train and supervise the junior warehouse staff, storekeepers and tally clerks;
Assess availability of space and prepare stacking/storage plans prior to commodities arrivals;
Ensure that all the receipts, delivery notes and invoices are properly documented, including any damages and shortages.
Take periodic random checks during loading/offloading operations to ensure that commodities by the trucks confirm to quantity record on the truck waybill;
Monitor the quantity and quality of commodities stored. Carry out regular commodity physical random check/inventory of the warehouse;
Ensure security of warehouse, commodities and staff;
Ensure all necessary licensing requirements are up to date, all health and safety regulation are adhered to;
Ensure the adequate provision of all warehouse equipment such as pallets and tools and the provision of reconstruction materials such as sacks and strings; ensure warehouse cleanliness;
When necessary, arrange fumigation of infested stocks and inspection certification of damaged cargo; prepare all procedures and necessary steps for commodity disposal;
Prepare loading and offloading plans and ensure that standard waybills are duly filled for outgoing stock;
Assess the strengths and the weaknesses of the warehouse operation and propose corrective actions and technical advice to the management on storage needs and options;
Identify alternative warehouse facilities when needed;
Organize and facilitate training on staff, business partners, counterparts in warehouse management practice.
If necessary, implement and organize new warehouse facilities which may include installation and assembly of temporary warehouse structures.
Be prepared to meeting urgent timelines to deliver to client locations collaborating with third party transporter.
- Assist in training of warehouse staff in warehouse/Inventory management best practices.
- Guide warehouse staff, build capacity of staff and ensures strong teamwork.
- Liaise with other staff to implement new initiatives, align with business practices and insure continuous improvement.
- Support in establishing close collaboration with government and partners on warehouse management issues, support in assessing partners and counterparts’ capacities;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to work strategically to realize organizational goals, develop strategies, set clear visions.
- Ability to persuade and influence, negotiate to obtain agreement, promote ideas.
- Ability to network and establish good relations with stakeholders
- Fast learner, adapts and respond to change, tolerate ambiguity
- Proficiency with the use of SAP.
- IT proficiency
- Knowledge of the latest developments and technology in warehousing management,
- Strong understanding of supply chain and warehousing processes, from needs assessment, through planning, category management, procurement, logistics and delivery, monitoring and evaluation.
- Strong overall knowledge and understanding of public procurement principles, financial and legal aspects of supply chain issues, ethics and risk management of warehousing operations.
- Degree in Procurement and Supplies or Related Course.
- Certification in Warehousing or equivalent certification is an asset or CPA-K Finalist.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience at the manufacturing industry warehouse/Inventory Management.
- Ability to lead large teams
- Ability to work in high-pressure context
If qualified kindly send your resume to email@example.com with the title “Inventory manager” on the subject line, by 31st August 2019.