Job Title: Health Director
Job Code: HD/SC/171120
Number of Positions Open: 1
Reports To: Chief Program Officer
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Summary: Our client combats gender inequality and extreme poverty in urban slums by linking tuition free schools for girls to holistic social services for all.
Job Purpose: To be responsible for providing oversight and strategic leadership for the organisations health program; this includes strategic planning; overseeing implementation of the Health Program initiatives as well as providing supportive leadership and mentorship to the health staff.
- Devise strategies and plans for the healthcare program according to organisation standards for excellent service and growth.
- Plan and oversee budgets for the department as well as arrange for sourcing of materials and equipment.
- Act as a link between healthcare program and Ministry of Health.
- Oversee expansion and growth to other areas/slums that the organisation wants to start health programs.
- Oversee and maintain health quality standards across all the organisation’s health facilities.
- Plan and oversee all patient care or administrative operations and programs.
- Coordinate and supervise staff providing constructive feedback.
- Evaluate performance and discipline employees when necessary.
- Monitor compliance to legal guidelines, internal policies and quality standards.
- Oversee quality assurance for clinical care.
- Plan and allocate duties, transfers to various sites etc., for staff.
- Devise evaluation strategies to monitor performance and determine need for improvement across all the health program initiatives.
- Provide personnel with clinical training and opportunities for continuous development.
- Present and give tours for external visitors and guests.
- Compile and present reports to donors as and when required.
- Order and manage pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical supplies.
- Prepare and analyse all the clinic reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine, Surgery, Public Health, Nursing or any other related field
- Master’s Degree in Medicine, Surgery or any other related field is preferable
- Qualification in Medicine or any other related field
- Must have a minimum of 10 years clinical experience and 5 years in management position in the health sector
- Experience in health provision in urban slums/informal settlement is an advantage but not mandatory
- Current medical license to practice in Kenya
Knowledge and Skills:
- Solid understanding of work plans, budgeting, resourcing and performance evaluation procedures
- Excellent knowledge of healthcare standards (e.g. ISO), SOPs, policies and regulations for the clinical field
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills
- Proficient in MS Office and computer systems (e.g. patient management software)
- Interpersonal skills
- Ethical Practice
Behavioural Competencies / Attributes:
- Aptitude in resolving issues and conflicts
- Ability to manage relationships
- Team player
- Strategic thinker
- Innovative and agile
- Emotional intelligence
- Honesty and integrity
- Persistent and proactive
How to Apply:
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly include the job title in the email subject, as well as your current and expected remuneration