Nyati Savings and Credit Co-operative Society Limited (Nyati Sacco)
Job Title: Procurement and Administration Officer
Job Summary: Responsible for all procurement and administrative functions in the Sacco.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Procurement / Purchasing and supplies
- 3 to 4 years of progressively responsible experience in procurement.
- Possession CPA will be an added advantage.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office application (Word, Excel), email and able to easily navigate the Internet.
- Able to uphold and respect procurement ethics and to conduct activities with integrity.
- A team player who demonstrates patience, flexibility and honesty.
- Be willing and able to meet tight deadlines and work long hours when required.
- A self-starter, who is able to plan and manage his/her own work, takes initiative and strives to meet deadlines.
- Be able to work in a multicultural environment.
- Preparation of Request for Quotation, Initiations to Bid, Requests for Proposal and co-ordination of their timely dispatch by fax and messenger;
- Maintaining current up to date Procurement documents and Manuals.
- Routing copying and circulation of quotes, bids and proposal for evaluation;
- Researching pricing obtaining quotes locally on low value items;
- Assist with the coordination with the selected bidder to ensure completion of administrative processes.
- Assist with managing the administrative process throughout the duration of the preparation of the all documentation until the award of the contract
- Preparation of management information and statistical report;
- Receive the approved requisitions by the procurement committee and process the appropriate documents procedures for local purchases/Services/Contracts;
- Check and classify the precedence of the requisition and process as priority setting of the material needed.
- Process and appropriate document and forms for issuing the petty cash from the cashier;
- Coordinate with requestors and make sure the right materials needed. Find out the sample of material to be purchased if necessary;
- Provide purchased materials to the responsible receiving office and do all actions for completing the process.
- Maintain appropriated records to ensure that procurement process, decision, and contractual agreement are accurately documented for accountability and audit purpose.
- Assist in the administrative process in the office
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
How to Apply
All interested candidates are requested to read the attached job description and send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 25th January 2018.
Please mark the job title as your subject on the application letter and attach testimonials and a detailed CV indicating your current and expected pay.
Male candidates are highly encouraged to apply.