Job Openings at Premier Hospital 2020
Career Kenya: Job Openings at Premier Hospital 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
- Supervision and development of ideal IT system within Premier Hospital.
- Create an IT roadmap and action plan for future growth.
- Provide direction on IT budgets, priorities, standards, procedures, and overall IT performance.
- Testing the integrity and performance of various information networks and software applications.
- Regular Periodic review and evaluate how current systems and applications are meeting the needs of the hospital and employees working and also Coordinate with all head of the departments within hospital and take their inputs to improve the technology solutions, implementation and adoption.
- Regular review meetings with all the key stake holders to update on IT actions.
- Review the adequacy and allocation of IT resources in terms of funding, personnel, equipment, and service levels.
- Researching and installing new and improved systems
- Ensures successful implementation and rollout of various modules of the Hospital Management System at the hospital.
- Manage the hospital’s HMIS system
- Setup and manage help desk support for staff within the facility.
- Ensuring equipment interface setup and maintenance.
- Valuating user needs and system functionality and ensuring the facilities meet these needs i.e. Coordinate priorities between the IT department and user departments.
- Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources.
- Scheduling upgrades and security backups of hardware and software systems.
- Troubleshoot all technology issues.
- Maintain log and/or list of required repairs and maintenance.
- Provide network accounts and passwords as required.
- Identify and prepare hardware for disposal when appropriate.
- Ensure hardware is stripped and secured before disposal.
- 4-year degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 4+ years’ experience in IT management and support of healthcare information systems.
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and phone systems.
- Experience leading and managing medium sized and large IT projects.
- Experience with IT services performance metrics and benchmarking.
- Experience with IT infrastructure and operations best practices.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge and understanding of the integration of information systems as it relates to the healthcare field.
- Requires a high level of personal integrity, and the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and demonstrate the appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
- Requires a high degree of initiative, dependability, and ability to work with little supervision.
- Must have well-developed planning, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess knowledge of security and control frameworks.
Premier Hospital is an 82-bed specialized private hospital located in Nyali, Mombasa offering high quality emergency, outpatient, and inpatient care. We have a patient centered culture, and our approach is to provide you with comprehensive healthcare, which is focused on all aspects of
your health and overall well-being. We are seeking to hire a talented Biomedical Technician to join our team.
- Installs new equipment by adjusting, establishing, testing, and calibrating performance
- Approves potential biomedical equipment by guaranteeing that codes are adhered to
- Maintains supplies inventory by foreseeing needs, counting stock, placing orders, and
- Directs operation of biomedical equipment by providing demonstrations, supplying
information and data, instructing others in the care and use of equipment, and
answering all questions
- Keeps biomedical equipment in working order by performing tests, following preventive
maintenance guides, repairing and troubleshooting break downs, evaluating
service contracts, ordering special services if necessary, and maintaining
- Prepares reports by analyzing, collecting, and recapping trends and information
- Updates job skills and knowledge by reading technical journals, taking advantage of
educational opportunities, and maintaining professional networks
- Keeps patient information confidential
- Carries out the goals of the organization by exploring opportunities to add significance to
job duties, and by accomplishing different and innovative requests
- Maintains a healthy and safe working environment by fulfilling and recommending procedures, performing safety tests, complying with codes, and guiding and training healthcare and medical personnel
- Associates degree in Biomedical Engineering Technology, Applied Sciences, or related field, or equivalent military training.
- 4-5 years relevant experience working with biomedical equipment
- Skilled proficiency in the use of tools and test equipment
- Ability to interpret technical data like electronic circuit diagrams, schematics, and blueprints
- Ability to solve technical and performance problems using information from a variety of sources
- Working knowledge of technical requirements, codes, and standards associated with the field
- Advanced computer skills
- Basic understanding of anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology
- Good technical skills
- Comfortable in a lab environment
- Documentation and Record keeping skills
- Clinical lab testing
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Equipment calibration and repair
- Equipment repair