Job Openings at Thunes 2020
Career Kenya: Job Openings at Thunes 2020
Employment vacancy : Today Recruitment Kenya
Note: Never pay any money to any recruiter for any purpose (certificates, medical testing, interview, work kit or any other thing).
We are looking for a Senior Compliance Officer to join our team in Nairobi to lead the compliance function in East Africa. This role will partner with legal, sales and product teams in London, New York City, Singapore and the rest of the world.
This role provides an exciting opportunity to work on an international stage, alongside household names, and join a rapidly growing FinTech company making a real impact on the lives of people in developed and emerging markets alike.
The role will report to the Head of Legal & Compliance based in London. Some international travel required (20%).
- Scrutinise and contribute to existing policies and test that they are robust, customer friendly and adequate under applicable regulations, by internal review and working with external reviewers and ensuring any audit findings are addressed
- Coordinate compliance needs to accompany the business expansion in Africa notably working on pending Partner Due Diligence in the region
- Support the Global Partner Audit team in the region
- Build a local Compliance team as the activity grows
- Communicate and train relevant teams on compliance requirements
- Manage compliance relationships with our African partners
- Identify, track and escalate regulatory risks throughout the business in Africa
- Spend time working alongside the operational teams in London, Singapore and New York to reflect the local regulatory specificities in the Global Compliance Program
- Expert in AML and regulatory compliance (CDD/KYC processes, EDD, transaction monitoring, sanctions) for a FinTech/Mobile Wallet/Payment/E-Money company
- Experience in building/auditing AML/CTF framework
- Able to support the development of new financial product and services
- Sense of urgency/ability to work well under pressure, different priorities and tight deadlines.
- Experience working with international counter-parties
- Proficiency in French
CONTEXT OF THE ROLE
Reporting to SVP Africa, this role will be based in Nairobi overseeing the servicing of Thunes’ sending and receiving partners base in the Southern African region. The ideal candidate should be independent, possesses high level of initiative and handles concerns/issues received from partners seriously in order to build trust and win additional corridors through effective account management. This role requires a strategic thinker with excellent project management skills with the ability to lead and manage time-sensitive, cross-functional initiatives in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial environment with little supervision.
- Ensures quick and accurate responses to ad-hoc partner queries
- Liaises with internal team (e.g. Technology and Treasury) to troubleshoot any issues quickly and effectively
- Builds and drives strong relationships with key partner contacts and leverage on these to achieve the best possible partner experience
- Becomes a payment expert for partners through delivering expertise, educating, leading and guiding partners on their global payments strategy
- Shares feedback internally by consolidating partners’ feedback and evaluating the evolution of partners’ needs
- Grows business and relationship with partners by helping partners grow while meeting internal strategic and financial targets
- Collaborates with Thunes colleagues and works with available resources on internal and customer-facing projects
- Demonstrated experience in an account manager role that focuses on both strong account management and identifying and realising further opportunities to grow the account
At Thunes to ensure we set out clear expectations for the business and you to succeed, it is equally important for us in defining not only the nature of the role responsibilities but that the cultural fit in working style and approach is a match! So please read carefully below before putting yourself forward
- Minimally Bachelor degree in Business Management or similar
- At least 3 years experience in account management, consulting or a related field
- Ideally experience working at and/or with mobile wallets operators/banks/other financial institutions or remittance business
- Able to engage in and navigate fast-paced discussions internally and externally to drive positive outcome
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships across all levels
- Ability to interface seamlessly with a global multicultural team
- Possesses passion for the payments space and dares to push boundaries and create value
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with a passion for new technologies
- Ability to work under pressure, manage priorities, possesses strong organizational skills and deal with uncertainties
- Fluency in written and spoken English, knowledge in French is ideal
- Approximate travel frequency of 40%